News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Jokes Thread (Was named Anyone know any good jokes ? I'll start :D )

Started by no_god_know_peace, November 10, 2011, 12:46:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joeactor

Claireliontamer

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Crow

Retired member.

Claireliontamer

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

joeactor

Quote from: Tank on July 16, 2014, 01:36:03 PM
Quote from: Claireliontamer on July 16, 2014, 01:01:41 PM
I don't get it......
You've never programmed have you  :D

A mentor of mine told me about an error message he got from an old AI language:
"Wee beasties! Wee beasties! Oh, where can ye be? These beasties have caused an error for thee!"

Davin

Doesn't happen to me much any more, but it happened a lot in my newb and junior developer years.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Crow

Quote from: Davin on July 16, 2014, 04:23:16 PM
Doesn't happen to me much any more, but it happened a lot in my newb and junior developer years.

When it does though I bet they are a bastard.
Retired member.

Davin

If it happens now, it's usually a sign that someone checked in some bad code or I have to get the latest from our source control. So it's usually pretty easy to fix. When it's my fault, it's usually some stupid, simple mistake I made to a control or a view model. I like to clean up code so that it's easier to maintain. If I fix one bug that causes a bunch more, in my experience, that's a sign of bad and/or inexperienced programming... though not necessarily the bad programming of the person fixing the bug but there has got to be some bad programming in there that needs to be fixed.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Crow

Quote from: Davin on July 16, 2014, 05:47:33 PM
If it happens now, it's usually a sign that someone checked in some bad code or I have to get the latest from our source control. So it's usually pretty easy to fix. When it's my fault, it's usually some stupid, simple mistake I made to a control or a view model. I like to clean up code so that it's easier to maintain. If I fix one bug that causes a bunch more, in my experience, that's a sign of bad and/or inexperienced programming... though not necessarily the bad programming of the person fixing the bug but there has got to be some bad programming in there that needs to be fixed.

Isn't that always the case though. I'm no programmer, my knowledge ends at HTML5, CSS3, Javascript, PHP and a tiny bit of C and Objective C (the later two I don't have enough time or an idea to drive me to learn it properly). I usually find sorting one thing that is cross devices related will then throw up a new problem that effects all those that were fine before, usually very easy to fix but by changing one thing this will impact others.
Retired member.

Davin

Yeah and sometimes (more often than it should), the devices are not built to their white doc specs, which are the more annoying bugs: the ones that aren't my fault but I have to program a work around for.

Asmodean

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Siz

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

Biggus Dickus

"^^"  ;D

Here's a couple I heard recently.

A drunken man who smelled of beer sat down on a subway seat next to a priest. The man's tie was stained, his face plastered with lipstick, and a half empty bottle of vodka was sticking out from his coat pocket. He opened a newspaper and started reading, and after a few minutes turned to the priest and asked, " Say, Father, what causes arthritis?"

"My Son, it's caused by loose living, being with cheap, wicked women, too much alcohol, a contempt for your fellow man,sleeping with prostitutes and lack of bathing"

"You don't say, well, I'll be damned", said the drunk, returning to his paper.

Some moments later the priest having thought about what he said turned to the drunken man and said, " I'm very sorry sir, but I didn't mean to come on so strong and should have been more considerate regarding your question." How long have you had arthritis?"

"Oh I don't have arthritis Father, I was just reading my paper here and it says the Pope has it."

A pastor explained to his congregation that the church was in dire straits due to some unforeseen building repairs and desperately needed some extra money, so he asked them if they would consider being a bit more generous with their donations than normal. He also offered that whomever donated the most that day would be allowed to pick three hymns.
Later during the service after the offering plates were passed around the church, the pastor noticed an envelope with a large number of $100 dollar bills in it, and when he counted it out it came to $1,000!
He was so excited that he immediately shared his joy with the rest of the congregation, and said he would like to personally thank the person who placed such a large sum of money in the offering plate.
In the back of the church a very quite, demure and elderly lady slowly, and shyly raised her hand. The pastor asked her to come forward, so she got up and slowly made her way up to the altar. The pastor thanked her and told her how wonderful it was that she felt touched to give such a generous donation that day, a sum of which would really help with the necessary repairs.
He also said her large donation meant she could pick out three hymns, and then her eyes brightened, a large smile crossed her face as she looked out over the congregation and pointed out three of the most handsome men in the church that day and said, "I'll take him, and him, and him".

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."