News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Jokes Thread (Was named Anyone know any good jokes ? I'll start :D )

Started by no_god_know_peace, November 10, 2011, 12:46:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pasta Chick

I know skinny is the trend - which has created something of a rock and a hard place situation. I guess it goes with people generally taking ideas too far one way or another. Yeah, it's impossible to look like an airbrushed model, but that's because of airbrushing, which often has nothing to do with thinness. Not because no one is actually thin without being fake.

I don't need the world to be attracted to me. I'm glad people have different preferences. It'd be quite boring if they didn't. I'm just tired of people being douches about it.

This issue as a whole extends to my dogs, too. I have been threatened with animal control over my lean animals. Friend of mine was just in court over it - of course her crew has the misfortune of also being old, which is apparently grounds for further accusations :(

Just tired of it. I'll survive.

Dobermonster

As far as dogs go, people are used to looking at fat, out of shape dogs. And then you have a dog like mine who just have naturally low body fat and very lean muscle. So glad I don't own a sight-hound, you'd never hear the end of it.

Pasta Chick

I'm just happy my current dogs are so fluffy, most people don't notice.  The vast majority of dogs I see are significantly overweight.  I don't think people realize that "just 5 lb" is not the same thing for a dog, as a human!  "Just 5 lb" more on my Ember is 12% of her weight! 

Oh well. Enough sidetracking.

Crow

Quote from: Pasta Chick on April 06, 2014, 10:09:02 PM
I know skinny is the trend - which has created something of a rock and a hard place situation. I guess it goes with people generally taking ideas too far one way or another. Yeah, it's impossible to look like an airbrushed model, but that's because of airbrushing, which often has nothing to do with thinness. Not because no one is actually thin without being fake.

I don't need the world to be attracted to me. I'm glad people have different preferences. It'd be quite boring if they didn't. I'm just tired of people being douches about it.

This issue as a whole extends to my dogs, too. I have been threatened with animal control over my lean animals. Friend of mine was just in court over it - of course her crew has the misfortune of also being old, which is apparently grounds for further accusations :(

Just tired of it. I'll survive.

I have noticed quite a nasty trend of it over here in the UK as well. It always seems to come from a particular type of person. The one thing I keep seeing when referring to those who are not skinny, slim, athletic as "real women". It's bullshit.
Retired member.

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Siz

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

Essie Mae

Quote from: OldGit on April 05, 2014, 09:28:29 AM
Well, PC, you said it. :D

NEW SOUTH AFRICAN TOILET DOOR LOCK:

That is so dark and bad on so many different levels. Can't stop laughing.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

joeactor

Biggus Dickus

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Biggus Dickus

Guardian85

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Biggus Dickus