Jokes Thread (Was named Anyone know any good jokes ? I'll start :D )

Started by no_god_know_peace, November 10, 2011, 12:46:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guardian85

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Icarus

Maybe a bad pun but it made me smile. Sciency persons, like Claire, gotta go with stuff like that. It's in their DNA.. 

Asmodean

...and then there are the humorless evil scientists like The Asmo.  ;D
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Raeven

Here's my favorite joke of the moment.  Apologies if it has already been told -- I did not go through all the prior pages of jokes to ascertain that information.

This couple sends their kid to school, and he does pretty well, but he really struggles with math. The parents try everything to help him improve: They study with him, hire tutors, but nothing helps. Finally, at their wits' end, they decide to send him to the local Catholic school, which has a reputation for turning out great math students. Sure enough, the kid begins to improve! His progress is sudden and dramatic! One day, the parents ask him, "What was it that made the difference for you in math? All that studying, all those tutors, nothing helped. What's so special about the Catholic school's method?" The kid replies, "Well, when I saw that guy nailed to the big plus sign, I figured they weren't fucking around!!"
Scrute the inscrutable.  Eff the ineffable.

joeactor

Quote from: Raeven on September 17, 2013, 11:37:15 PM
Here's my favorite joke of the moment.  Apologies if it has already been told -- I did not go through all the prior pages of jokes to ascertain that information.

This couple sends their kid to school, and he does pretty well, but he really struggles with math. The parents try everything to help him improve: They study with him, hire tutors, but nothing helps. Finally, at their wits' end, they decide to send him to the local Catholic school, which has a reputation for turning out great math students. Sure enough, the kid begins to improve! His progress is sudden and dramatic! One day, the parents ask him, "What was it that made the difference for you in math? All that studying, all those tutors, nothing helped. What's so special about the Catholic school's method?" The kid replies, "Well, when I saw that guy nailed to the big plus sign, I figured they weren't fucking around!!"

Yeah - I like that one too ;-)

Tank

Quote from: joeactor on September 18, 2013, 12:52:49 AM
Quote from: Raeven on September 17, 2013, 11:37:15 PM

Yeah - I like that one too ;-)

Lot's of variations on this theme, and all of them make me giggle  ;D
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Tank

Tank

Tank

joeactor

Both good!
Both start with a "P" (like Pirate?)
Both are black and white.

Need a third one, yes/no?

Tank

Quote from: joeactor on September 19, 2013, 05:43:22 PM
Both good!
Both start with a "P" (like Pirate?)
Both are black and white.

Need a third one, yes/no?
Go on  ;D

Pasta Chick

catmandeux

Tank