News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Jokes Thread (Was named Anyone know any good jokes ? I'll start :D )

Started by no_god_know_peace, November 10, 2011, 12:46:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OldGit

Quote from: IcarusI thought it was a cute joke.

Thank you, friend. :D

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Niya

Not that anyone cares what I say, but the Restaurant is on the other end of the universe." –Marvin
-----
Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Asmodean

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

jumbojak

Infinitely many mathematicians walk into a bar and begin ordering drinks. The first orders a beer, the second orders a half of a beer, the third orders a quarter of a beer, the fourth order an eighth of a beer, etc. After ten or so place their orders the bartender heads to the tap, pours two full beers and passes them across before telling the crowd of nerds they need to know their limits.

Maybe I'm weird but....

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Amicale

Quote from: jumbojak on August 15, 2013, 04:08:15 AM
Infinitely many mathematicians walk into a bar and begin ordering drinks. The first orders a beer, the second orders a half of a beer, the third orders a quarter of a beer, the fourth order an eighth of a beer, etc. After ten or so place their orders the bartender heads to the tap, pours two full beers and passes them across before telling the crowd of nerds they need to know their limits.

Maybe I'm weird but....

:) That was cute! I should totally convince my math-nerd friend to go out and do that with me the next time we go grab a drink of something somewhere. Maybe we'll even throw decimals in. "I'd like 0.5 coffees, please!" "I'll take half a coffee, please!" - and then see if they can figure it out.

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Amicale

A Mom visits her son for dinner who lives with a girl roommate.

During the course of the meal, his mother couldn't help but notice how pretty his roommate was. She had long been suspicious of a relationship between the two, and this had only made her more curious....

Over the course of the evening, while watching the two interact, she started to wonder if there was more between him and his roommate than met the eye.

Reading his mom's thoughts, the son volunteered: "I know what you must be thinking, but I assure you, we are just roommates."

About a week later, his roommate came to him saying, "Ever since your mother came to dinner, I've been unable to find the silver plate. You don't suppose she took it, do you?"

He said ,"Well, I doubt it, but I'll email her, just to be sure." He sat down and wrote :

Dear Mother:
I'm not saying that you 'did' take the silver plate from my house, I'm not saying that you 'did not' take the silver plate. But the fact remains that it has been missing ever since you were here for dinner.
Love,
your son.

Several days later, he received an email from  his Mother which read:

Dear Son:
I'm not saying that you 'do' sleep with your roommate, and I'm not saying that you 'do not' sleep with her. But the fact remains that if she was sleeping in her OWN bed, she would have found the silver plate by now, under her pillow...
Love,
Mom.

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

jumbojak

Quote from: Amicale on August 15, 2013, 04:37:40 AM
Quote from: jumbojak on August 15, 2013, 04:08:15 AM

Maybe I'm weird but....

:) That was cute! I should totally convince my math-nerd friend to go out and do that with me the next time we go grab a drink of something somewhere. Maybe we'll even throw decimals in. "I'd like 0.5 coffees, please!" "I'll take half a coffee, please!" - and then see if they can figure it out.

Ah, but you will need infinitely many friends for full effect!

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Niya

Quote from: Amicale on August 15, 2013, 04:43:25 AM
A Mom visits her son for dinner who lives with a girl roommate.

During the course of the meal, his mother couldn't help but notice how pretty his roommate was. She had long been suspicious of a relationship between the two, and this had only made her more curious....

Over the course of the evening, while watching the two interact, she started to wonder if there was more between him and his roommate than met the eye.

Reading his mom's thoughts, the son volunteered: "I know what you must be thinking, but I assure you, we are just roommates."

About a week later, his roommate came to him saying, "Ever since your mother came to dinner, I've been unable to find the silver plate. You don't suppose she took it, do you?"

He said ,"Well, I doubt it, but I'll email her, just to be sure." He sat down and wrote :

Dear Mother:
I'm not saying that you 'did' take the silver plate from my house, I'm not saying that you 'did not' take the silver plate. But the fact remains that it has been missing ever since you were here for dinner.
Love,
your son.

Several days later, he received an email from  his Mother which read:

Dear Son:
I'm not saying that you 'do' sleep with your roommate, and I'm not saying that you 'do not' sleep with her. But the fact remains that if she was sleeping in her OWN bed, she would have found the silver plate by now, under her pillow...
Love,
Mom.

lol...good one.  :D
Not that anyone cares what I say, but the Restaurant is on the other end of the universe." –Marvin
-----

Siz

What's red and white and screams?
A peeled baby in a bucket of salt.

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

Niya

-----

Amicale

A drunk Canadian wearing nothing more than a flag over his head at a hockey game.

Tank

Quote from: Niya on August 15, 2013, 08:20:09 AM
Quote from: Scissorlegs on August 15, 2013, 07:32:04 AM
:o
What is pink and turns read at the flick of a switch?
A baby in a blender.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Siz

Quote from: Tank on August 15, 2013, 09:07:33 AM
Quote from: Niya on August 15, 2013, 08:20:09 AM
Quote from: Scissorlegs on August 15, 2013, 07:32:04 AM
:o
What is pink and turns read at the flick of a switch?
A baby in a blender.

What's silver and red and walks into walls?
A baby with forks in its eyes.

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.