News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Jokes Thread (Was named Anyone know any good jokes ? I'll start :D )

Started by no_god_know_peace, November 10, 2011, 12:46:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Icarus

^^ That one is sweet Claire. I heartily approve of the photographers keen sense of irony.

OldGit

Good one, Claire!

The Medium

In a dark and hazy room, peering into a crystal ball, the Mystic delivered grave news:

"There's no easy way to tell you this, so I'll just be blunt. Prepare yourself to be a widow. Your husband will die a violent and horrible death this year."

Visibly shaken, Laura stared at the woman's lined face, then at the single flickering candle, then down at her hands.

She took a few deep breaths to compose herself and to stop her mind racing. She simply had to know.

She met the Fortune Teller's gaze, steadied her voice and asked, "Will I be acquitted?"

Claireliontamer

Icarus

^^ Does this have anything to do with the  joke that was posted a while back? It was about the arabs use of  condoms. It took them 200 years to figure out that they could remove the condom from the goat before use.................Hey, that was not my joke, it was someone else's.

OldGit

Claireliontamer

OldGit

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

MariaEvri

as someone who loves my camera I have to say

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
God made me an atheist, who are you to question his wisdom!
www.poseidonsimons.com

Tank

"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Amicale

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Tank

Pasta Chick

A man is trapped in his home by rising flood waters.  He watches from the main floor as the water creeps over the floor of his car, and fills his basement.  A neighbor comes by in a row boat.
"Hop in!" the neighbor calls, "I can get you to the evac station!"
"No thank you," the man replies.  "I have faith that God will save me."
The neighbor shrugs and rows on by to safety.  Soon the man is forced onto the second floor of his home by the ever rising water.  After some time, a stranger comes by in a motor boat.
"Hey, climb onto the window sill and I'll help you into my boat," the stranger says.
The stranger shrugs and moves on to safety.  The water continues to rise and eventually the man is forced on to his roof, when a helicopter scouting the area spots him and drops a rope.
"Tie the rope around your waist and we'll hoist you up!" a woman calls.
The helicopter crew have no time to argue, and move on to save others.  The water overtakes the man's house and he drowns.  He reaches the Pearly Gates and stands before the judgement of God.
"My Lord," he begins meekly, "I do not understand.  I put all my faith in you to save me, yet you did not."
"Well," God replies, "I sent two boats and a helicopter.  What more did you want?"

Amicale

Quote from: Pasta Chick on July 03, 2013, 10:43:23 PM
A man is trapped in his home by rising flood waters.  He watches from the main floor as the water creeps over the floor of his car, and fills his basement.  A neighbor comes by in a row boat.
"Hop in!" the neighbor calls, "I can get you to the evac station!"
The neighbor shrugs and rows on by to safety.  Soon the man is forced onto the second floor of his home by the ever rising water.  After some time, a stranger comes by in a motor boat.
"Hey, climb onto the window sill and I'll help you into my boat," the stranger says.
The stranger shrugs and moves on to safety.  The water continues to rise and eventually the man is forced on to his roof, when a helicopter scouting the area spots him and drops a rope.
"Tie the rope around your waist and we'll hoist you up!" a woman calls.
The helicopter crew have no time to argue, and move on to save others.  The water overtakes the man's house and he drowns.  He reaches the Pearly Gates and stands before the judgement of God.
"My Lord," he begins meekly, "I do not understand.  I put all my faith in you to save me, yet you did not."
"Well," God replies, "I sent two boats and a helicopter.  What more did you want?"

:)

Oddly enough, this was one of my favourite jokes when I was a Christian! I never understood the people who went on 'faith alone' for help, and didn't see the help that was right in front of their noses.

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Tank