News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Jokes Thread (Was named Anyone know any good jokes ? I'll start :D )

Started by no_god_know_peace, November 10, 2011, 12:46:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Claireliontamer

Icarus

^^ Typical attitude of a caring dad. I know that first hand because I have a daughter.

Asmodean

...So is there also a t-shirt for heterosexual fathers, or..?

That said, good luck getting me pregnant  ::)
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Guardian85

Quote from: Claireliontamer on June 18, 2013, 10:11:54 PM
Not really a joke as I want this shirt......

If I ever have a daughter, I won't need that sort of shirt. I'd just want five minutes to show her would-be suitors my sword collection.

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Asmodean

You think you would impress or intimidate someone with a sword collection? Nonono, you see, all you would achieve by doing that is your daughter not speaking to you for a month and her whatever thinking you a weirdo. Not the dangerous kind either. The art of intimidation is in behaviour, not in gadgets that require a demonstration of skill and intent to work as props.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Niya

Quote from: Asmodean on June 18, 2013, 11:52:07 PM
You think you would impress or intimidate someone with a sword collection? Nonono, you see, all you would achieve by doing that is your daughter not speaking to you for a month and her whatever thinking you a weirdo. Not the dangerous kind either. The art of intimidation is in behaviour, not in gadgets that require a demonstration of skill and intent to work as props.

Very true, Im a daughter, so I agree.  :D
Not that anyone cares what I say, but the Restaurant is on the other end of the universe." –Marvin
-----
Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Tank

Quote from: Guardian85 on June 18, 2013, 11:49:45 PM

If I ever have a daughter, I won't need that sort of shirt. I'd just want five minutes to show her would-be suitors my sword collection.
I'm sure that should do the trick.

In fact 1) should be; If you don't have a job leave now!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Asmodean

I'm surprised that so few seem to point out the flaws with 3, 7 and especially 10...

And T, in this day and age, who the hell is intimidated by their in-law's sharps drawer?  ::)
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Tank

Quote from: Asmodean on June 19, 2013, 08:27:01 AM
I'm surprised that so few seem to point out the flaws with 3, 7 and especially 10...

And T, in this day and age, who the hell is intimidated by their in-law's sharps drawer?  ::)
10 probably alludes to the fact that if the BF shags the daughter the father will shag the BF. Mind you the father is up shit creek if his daughter enjoys receiving oral sex.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Niya

What if the suitor had a bigger collection of guns, swords, what then? intimidation won't always work.
Not that anyone cares what I say, but the Restaurant is on the other end of the universe." –Marvin
-----

Tank

Quote from: Niya on June 19, 2013, 08:33:44 AM

What if the suitor had a bigger collection of guns, swords, what then? intimidation won't always work.
A chastity belt.

Asmodean

Yeah... That will work!  ::)

Let your daughter do her own bloody dating and get out of her bloody way. When the shit hits the fan, offer support. Otherwise, who the hell are you to dictate her love/sex/love-and-sex life?
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Niya

Quote from: Tank on June 19, 2013, 08:35:14 AM
Quote from: Niya on June 19, 2013, 08:33:44 AM

A chastity belt.

with the key in dad's pocket,  :o
-----

Amicale

My dad left when I was 12. He never warned me about dating partners. He never really bothered to ask - as long as I had no complaints about who I was dating, he was reasonably okay with it. The one guy who would have worn this t-shirt was my grandfather... which is probably why I only brought someone home if it was serious. :D He might not have liked that I was bringing home girls, but as they all had a job/were doing well in school and were the 'sort you could bring home' ;) he couldn't say much, lol!

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

OldGit

I think it's funny.  It was certainly intended to be.  :D