News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Atheist Songs

Started by Stevil, November 04, 2011, 05:01:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stevil

Motorhead - Religion

Don't need no blind belief
Don't need no comic relief
Don't need to see the scars
Don't need Jesus Christ Superstar
Don't need no Sunday Television
Bet your life you don't need religion
Don't need no time for prayer
Don't save no knee-pads for me up there
If your head's alright, ya don't need binoculars to see the light
Ya don't need no miracle vision

I don't need no Santa Claus
Don't believe in fairies no more
Don't need to go to confession
I'm already trying to fight depression
Don't need no exorcism

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Gawen

Metal....I love metal.

Two members of Slayer are atheists, Kerry King and Dave Lombardo.
Myles Kennedy of Alter Bridge
Kevin Cameron of I Killed the Prom Queen
Although not metal, Stephan Jenkins of Third Eye Blind
Geddy Lee of Rush
Till Lindemann of Rammstein
All the members of Napalm Death
Wayne Static of Static-X.
Eddie Vedder
The essence of the mind is not in what it thinks, but how it thinks. Faith is the surrender of our mind; of reason and our skepticism to put all our trust or faith in someone or something that has no good evidence of itself. That is a sinister thing to me. Of all the supposed virtues, faith is not.
"When you fall, I will be there" - Floor

Siz

I get the feeling there are a disproportionately high number of Heavy Metal fans amongst the Atheist community as compared to the percentage in society at large.

I wonder if there is correlation between HM listeners and Atheists, directly connected to studies in 2007 which demonstrated correlation between intelligence and listening to HM.

http://www.canada.com/saskatoonstarphoenix/news/story.html?id=5cf4eb30-8161-4d71-8dce-79432dbe39aa&k=70277 (amongst others...)

Must be true - I love HM. :D

If I could work out how to set up the 'poll' function, it might be an interesting experiment to poll everyones preference for music genre... Tank?

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

Crow

Lemmy is a legend no matter what music your into.

It quite rare to hear tracks with atheist content but then again the majority of music I listen to is instrumental, the only ones I can think off are NOFX - Idiots have taken over, NOFX - Leaving Jesusland, and many references in OFWGKTA tracks.

@Scissorlegs, I'm not fan of heavy metal I use to love it in my early teens but now I just can't listen to it.
Retired member.

Asmodean

This here is quite amusing for a Country song.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Siz

Quote from: Crow on November 04, 2011, 04:45:56 PM
Lemmy is a legend no matter what music your into.

It quite rare to hear tracks with atheist content but then again the majority of music I listen to is instrumental, the only ones I can think off are NOFX - Idiots have taken over, NOFX - Leaving Jesusland, and many references in OFWGKTA tracks.

@Scissorlegs, I'm not fan of heavy metal I use to love it in my early teens but now I just can't listen to it.

Maybe you're not as intelligent as you used to be, Crow :P

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

Asmodean

Quote from: Scissorlegs on November 04, 2011, 05:15:17 PM
Nah... Just a matter of corrupted taste, I think  :P
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

MariaEvri

God is an illusion and there ain't no paradise
and there is no underworld below
Out there is no Heaven and there ain't no Antichrist
Welcome to the real World
and the show!

gamma ray
real world
God made me an atheist, who are you to question his wisdom!
www.poseidonsimons.com

Crow

Quote from: Scissorlegs on November 04, 2011, 05:15:17 PM

Hahaha you may be correct. I cant stand vocalists unless they adds something to the music or are strangely beautiful, with the only type of guitar led music I like to listen to now is that in a similar vain of Jack Wilkins. Metal has too much of a focus on the front man and guitar (that uses way too many power chords) for me these days, it use to really resonate with me but it just doesn't do anything any more.
Retired member.

Asmodean

You know, there are such things as Industrial Rock and Metal, which have synth-driven songs like this for instance
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Crow

Quote from: Asmodean on November 04, 2011, 08:33:09 PM
You know, there are such things as Industrial Rock and Metal, which have synth-driven songs like this for instance

Interesting, I always meant to check out what industrial rock was though never got round to it. Not really for me though but still interesting.
Retired member.

Asmodean

And then there is the nice Swedish Metal like this.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Siz

Quote from: Asmodean on November 04, 2011, 08:33:09 PM

Hmmm, I think there are better examples of the genre:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUnRLl7I5_o&feature=related (Fear factory - Also did a more electronicised version of this album which is good)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvsMPOfblfg (Rob Zombie - the pinnacle of the genre IMHO)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKEBhDX7rQg (Marilyn Manson - is a Reverend in the Church of Satan)

I often have a mood for these, and also enjoy the more traditional thrash, black and core metal - as well as some energetic speed metal. There's so much great noise out there...!

'In-flames' is a bit lightweight for me.

Asmo, you ever heard of Hysterica (another Sweedish export)? I'm off to see them in two weeks. A friends' band are supporting. They are quality current HM - and nice to look at too (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ma1-Lwpkhk0). When I meet them, I'll ask their religious views...

Asmodean

It is deeply personal, of course, but I like my Deathstars better than the examples provided.  :P

Yes, I have a few Hysterica songs in my collection.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.