News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

End of the world in 5 days

Started by Gawen, October 16, 2011, 07:39:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Quote from: Attila on October 20, 2011, 07:37:46 PM
But back to the actual theme of the thread (ahem). We haven't seen Bruce or Bandit or CForce lately. Could it be...??? But what if they're still around and not raptured upwards. Does that mean we'll be together for eternity? How embarrassing for them, not to be chosen and that, and winding up with the likes of us.
I think they could be stuck with a lot worse than us, at least we try to be civil  ;D
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Attila on October 20, 2011, 08:09:17 PM
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on October 20, 2011, 08:00:47 PM
Quote from: Attila on October 20, 2011, 07:37:46 PM
But back to the actual theme of the thread (ahem). We haven't seen Bruce or Bandit or CForce lately. Could it be...??? But what if they're still around and not raptured upwards. Does that mean we'll be together for eternity? How embarrassing for them, not to be chosen and that, and winding up with the likes of us.

For what it's worth, I'm still here, but Gadhafi isn't.
In either case, is that cause for concern, Bruce? FWIW, I wish you no ill. If you'd rather be up there with the righteous rather than down here with us lowlifes. I would never hold that against you. I you're happy then I'm happy.  :) As simple as that.

I quite enjoy life.  My view of the afterlife is here on the earth, anyway.  Just without all the nasty things like murder and halitosis.

Gawen

Quote from: Ildiko

Anyway, to get back to the point, if it's scheduled for, say, 1700 our time then I'll just not bother shopping for supper. But if it's going to be at 2000 then we can eat half an hour early.

*laffin*
The essence of the mind is not in what it thinks, but how it thinks. Faith is the surrender of our mind; of reason and our skepticism to put all our trust or faith in someone or something that has no good evidence of itself. That is a sinister thing to me. Of all the supposed virtues, faith is not.
"When you fall, I will be there" - Floor

Tank

It's official, the Rapture happened. One virgin French nun, aged 76, who lived in the South of France was taken. Coincidentally her name was Maria!
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Attila

If only the truly godly have been raptured away today, who will be left to play devil's advocate (sorry the devil made me write that) on HAF? Anyway no one has gone missing in Italy not even Ratzo or the BungaBunga man.

OldGit

I have just realised with horror that pretty soon someone's going to make an awful joke on

Quote from: Robert Browing's 'HomeThoughts From Abroad'The first fine careless rapture!

Everybody - don't do it!  It would be just too horrible.

Ildiko

Quote from: Attila on October 21, 2011, 10:21:30 AM
Anyway no one has gone missing in Italy not even Ratzo or the BungaBunga man.

2 worrying events, though. This morning there was a ginormous flock of birds lined up along the branches of a pine tree. By the time I had picked up the binoculars to see what sort of birds they were, they had vanished into the sky!!!

Also, yesterday the people of Trieste had their umbrellas destroyed by a combination of torrential rain and high winds: the public wastebins tell the tale.

http://bora.la/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/bora.jpg
http://bora.la/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/bora2.jpg

If this isn't A Sign, I don't know what is.

Too Few Lions

I can't be bothered to do any work today. It all seems a bit pointless when there won't be a world tomorrow...

Ildiko

Quote from: Tank on October 21, 2011, 09:03:29 AM
It's official, the Rapture happened. One virgin French nun, aged 76, who lived in the South of France was taken. Coincidentally her name was Maria!

She is now in paradise, awaiting Gaddafi - who is going to be mightily disappointed, not to mention short-changed to the tune of 71 virgins.

Tank

Quote from: Ildiko on October 21, 2011, 01:26:11 PM
Quote from: Tank on October 21, 2011, 09:03:29 AM

She is now in paradise, awaiting Gaddafi - who is going to be mightily disappointed, not to mention short-changed to the tune of 71 virgins.
I don't know. One sex crazed 76yo virgin nun could probably outdo 72 9yo Aisha look alikes who would rather be playing with their dollys. I'd say Gaddagi has finally met his match  ;D

Gawen

Not so fast guys, we have a little over 16 hours left to go, by my time zone. However, if this is running off Jewish Mean Time, the day ends at sundown (5:01pm Jerusalem time and it's after 3:30pm there). So I have a little over an hour before the world ends.

BTW, Camping hasn't been heard from in the last couple days.
The essence of the mind is not in what it thinks, but how it thinks. Faith is the surrender of our mind; of reason and our skepticism to put all our trust or faith in someone or something that has no good evidence of itself. That is a sinister thing to me. Of all the supposed virtues, faith is not.

Tank

Quote from: Gawen on October 21, 2011, 02:46:03 PM
Not so fast guys, we have a little over 16 hours left to go, by my time zone. However, if this is running off Jewish Mean Time, the day ends at sundown (5:01pm Jerusalem time and it's after 3:30pm there). So I have a little over an hour before the world ends.

Well tell us when it's supposed to have happened so if we blink we don't miss it!

Gawen

Quote from: Tank on October 21, 2011, 02:49:17 PM
Quote from: Gawen on October 21, 2011, 02:46:03 PM

Well tell us when it's supposed to have happened so if we blink we don't miss it!
Aw shit!!!

The dog is barking!!!

Too Few Lions

I just had a thought, maybe Harold Camping is secretly actually JC himself. I can picture the old goat flying around on a cloud whisking believers up to heaven!

OldGit

Somebody should nail him up and we'd find out.  ;D