News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

End of the world in 5 days

Started by Gawen, October 16, 2011, 07:39:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ecurb Noselrub

Gawen

Well, the "doomsday" comet flew past yesterday, so it wasn't that...

Just a little under 18 hours to go....

I'm so excited!!
The essence of the mind is not in what it thinks, but how it thinks. Faith is the surrender of our mind; of reason and our skepticism to put all our trust or faith in someone or something that has no good evidence of itself. That is a sinister thing to me. Of all the supposed virtues, faith is not.
"When you fall, I will be there" - Floor

OldGit

I can scarcely contain my indifference.  ::)

Tank

Quote from: OldGit on October 20, 2011, 02:18:48 PM
I can scarcely contain my indifference.  ::)
Then we can be indifferent together.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Ildiko

If it means it's going to stop raining - 22 hours solid so far - then I'm in favour of it.

Tank

Quote from: Ildiko on October 20, 2011, 03:01:49 PM
If it means it's going to stop raining - 22 hours solid so far - then I'm in favour of it.
Attila doesn't seem to be complaining, is he part Duck?
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Gawen

Quote from: Tank on October 20, 2011, 03:07:32 PM

Attila the Duck...

....could work....someone call Disney
The essence of the mind is not in what it thinks, but how it thinks. Faith is the surrender of our mind; of reason and our skepticism to put all our trust or faith in someone or something that has no good evidence of itself. That is a sinister thing to me. Of all the supposed virtues, faith is not.
"When you fall, I will be there" - Floor

Attila

Quote from: Gawen on October 20, 2011, 06:19:14 PM
Quote from: Tank on October 20, 2011, 03:07:32 PM

Attila the Duck...

....could work....someone call Disney
I dunno. Do ducks pooh in the woods? Lord love a duck? I don't think so. All that quacks is not homoeopathy. Things that go quack in the night.
I hope that's enough. My head hurts and my feet are wet.
Gawen, you can't. He's dead.

Tank

Attila

But back to the actual theme of the thread (ahem). We haven't seen Bruce or Bandit or CForce lately. Could it be...??? But what if they're still around and not raptured upwards. Does that mean we'll be together for eternity? How embarrassing for them, not to be chosen and that, and winding up with the likes of us.

Ildiko

In all seriousness, does anyone know what time this is going to happen? UTC preferably, but if you only know the local time, please specify your time zone. Because I need to know what meals I should cater for tomorrow.

I seem to remember that the rapture-that-wasn't was scheduled on some sort of rolling basis, so that everyone got beamed up at 1800 local time or whenever it was. Is the end of the world going to be the same? I don't see that working too well, but what do I know?

Anyway, to get back to the point, if it's scheduled for, say, 1700 our time then I'll just not bother shopping for supper. But if it's going to be at 2000 then we can eat half an hour early.

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Attila on October 20, 2011, 07:37:46 PM
But back to the actual theme of the thread (ahem). We haven't seen Bruce or Bandit or CForce lately. Could it be...??? But what if they're still around and not raptured upwards. Does that mean we'll be together for eternity? How embarrassing for them, not to be chosen and that, and winding up with the likes of us.

For what it's worth, I'm still here, but Gadhafi isn't.

Attila

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on October 20, 2011, 08:00:47 PM
Quote from: Attila on October 20, 2011, 07:37:46 PM

For what it's worth, I'm still here, but Gadhafi isn't.
In either case, is that cause for concern, Bruce? FWIW, I wish you no ill. If you'd rather be up there with the righteous rather than down here with us lowlifes. I would never hold that against you. I you're happy then I'm happy.  :) As simple as that.