News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

I was told to design a shirt for the Secular Student Alliance on campus...

Started by MinnesotaMike, September 30, 2011, 06:47:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MinnesotaMike

Absence of knowledge is not reason for faith.

I'm infallible (if I'm not mistaken)

Whitney

Those not up to date on whatever internet meme that refers to may not get it (like me)  But I'm sure it's really cool for those that do get it.

Xjeepguy

If I were re-born 1000 times, it would be as an atheist 1000 times. -Heisenberg

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

MinnesotaMike

Fun fact about the word meme:

"The word meme originated with Dawkins' 1976 book The Selfish Gene. To emphasize commonality with genes, Dawkins coined the term "meme" by shortening "mimeme", which derives from the Greek word mimema ("something imitated").

Dawkins states that he did not know of the "mneme", and said that he wanted "a monosyllable that sounds a bit like 'gene'". Dawkins wrote that evolution depended not on the particular chemical basis of genetics, but only on the existence of a self-replicating unit of transmission – in the case of biological evolution, the gene. For Dawkins, the meme exemplified another self-replicating unit with potential significance in explaining human behavior and cultural evolution."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meme#Origins

I felt it was important to have a meme of some sort on the shirt.

KingPhilip

I want. Nobody would get it and I'm fairly sure I'd be shanked for even mentioning trying to start up a Secular Alliance, but it would still be awesome for me.
It is no measure of health to be well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society. ~ Krishnamurti

DeterminedJuliet

"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

MinnesotaMike

Quote from: KingPhilip on September 30, 2011, 09:18:42 PM
I want. Nobody would get it and I'm fairly sure I'd be shanked for even mentioning trying to start up a Secular Alliance, but it would still be awesome for me.

One might already be in your area: http://www.secularstudents.org/affiliates