News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Your favorite Crazy Fundie Site?

Started by MysticalChicken, October 16, 2007, 08:43:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jesster85

Here is another great one.

http://www.capalert.com/capreports/index.htm#Media

I'm happy to know that my favorite movies are rated the worst. :D
"We are all atheists about most of the gods that humanity has ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further."-Richard Dawkins

MysticalChicken

Oh man.  I just went to that tencommandments.org site mentioned on the previous page, and clicked "Exposing the Atheist"... that's the biggest sack of crap I've ever read in my life.  Atheism != satanism, in any sense of the term.  Kind of hard to worship something that doesn't actually exist, whether it be god or devil.

"Down in the hall, embedded in walls, hear them screaming.  Stashed in a bar, a brain in a jar, no one sees them.  Sucking them blind and draining their minds, hear them screaming.  Stas

rlrose328

Wow... that's amazing... one of our favorite movies "Love Actually" got a worse rating than "The Rocky Horror Picture Show."  As I'm reading the list of offenses, I'm seriously wondering what movie THEY watched because that list bears no resemblance to the movie I love.  (I'd sure love to see the one THEY watched, too!  :) )
**Kerri**
The Rogue Atheist Scrapbooker
Come visit me on Facebook!

MysticalChicken

They don't have my favorite movie (Little Miss Sunshine) up there.

This actually slightly disappoints me.

"Down in the hall, embedded in walls, hear them screaming.  Stashed in a bar, a brain in a jar, no one sees them.  Sucking them blind and draining their minds, hear them screaming.  Stas

Bella

Quote from: "Jesster85"A friend of mine sent me this. http://datetosave.com/

They will try anything to save us heathens. :D

http://datetosave.com/christian_dating_tips.shtml

aka, how to scare off a bad date and make him lose your number.   :lol:

MysticalChicken

I was just at that capalert.com site and they had rated Patton Oswalt's 1997 HBO special with a 45.  Who's ever in charge of that site has a stick up his ass.  Several sticks, actually.  Patton Oswalt is hilarious.  They also rated his 1999 Comedy Central Presents special with a 40, although I didn't read that review.

I'd hate (love?) to see what they'd give David Cross' special from circa 1996... I fucking love David Cross.

Gotta go, House is on.  I'll bet that guy hates House.

Davpronk

Quote from: "rlrose328"I guess the worst I know of is http://www.tencommandments.org/ which has some pretty nasty stuff toward non-believers.  LOTS of lies and meanness, all in the name of god.

I can't believe how awful these "christians" are toward others... it sickens me.
'

I really don't like the following texts from the site:

"The best way to understand the nature of atheism is to understand its author. satan is its author."

"Atheists and all other nonbelievers in the true God - regardless of their level of "education" and position in society - are therefore the true criminals of the world community and if there is a sane government, it should treat them accordingly."

"Now do you realize who the people are who are responsible for children having gotten so violent? The answer is ATHEISTS and other non-beleivers in the true God."

"Some of the many ways atheists are doing this are through anti-God and anti-moral parental attitude, violence in the movie and music industries, anti-moral attitude on the web and etc. All the anti-God and anti-moral attitudes found in these fields come from atheists and other non believers."

"Atheism is therefore a doctrine of demons, and in many, if not all cases, atheists are demon-possessed. "

"There's no greater argument for the existence of God than the truth of His existence. Atheists completely discount this truth, while challenging every true Christian to present proof."

"Man has not been given the authority and power to define the nature of crime. That authority is rightfully reserved only by God."

"Thus we see that God requires death for homosexuality just as he requires death for murder. This tells us that homosexuality is at least equal to the heinousness of murder. All homosexuals should be regarded by every society to be just as much criminals as are cold-blooded murderers."

"The great heinousness of homosexuality does not stop with the nasty acts of gay or homosexual people, but also extends itself in many other ways into the societies. Homosexuals often like to have some kind of contact and influence on children. This is why they hang around Boy's clubs, or become school teachers and why many of them in America work at Walt Disney. Many of them are pedophiles and want to recruit or teach children to accept homosexuality. And since homosexuality is at least equal to murder, this is equivalent to teaching children to become murderers."

I am not going to quote all of the lines, but i just can't believe how intolerant some christians can be against atheists and homosexuals  :cry:

rlrose328

Yup... those and more are all the reason to hate these people.  They believe because they have GOD on their side, they can say all the hateful crap they wish to spew and we all just have to take it.  Well I'm NOT anymore.

The first year at my son's school, the first question I was asked was what church I attend.  I stuck with "I'm not religious" until one woman said, "I can't believe you don't appreciate all of the beauty of this world and praise god for it!  I feel so sorry for you!"  I patted her on the shoulder, as she had done to me, and said, "I'm so sorry that you feel you need to be condescending to me like that... I DO appreciate it... for the random nature that it is."

I wont' stand by and take it anymore, not if I'm in a position to let them know face-to-face that I'm here and they're wrong.
**Kerri**
The Rogue Atheist Scrapbooker
Come visit me on Facebook!

SteveS

Yup - this is my "favorite" fundie site.  This is over-the-top ridiculousness.  Hard to believe anyone could take these statements seriously - but apparently they do.  Sad.

MysticalChicken

Wow, that guy is certainly an open-minded, caring individual, isn't he?   :|

(hmm, there doesn't seem to be a rolling-eyes smilie...)

SteveS

Dudette, use this one

:roll:
It looks like this:  :roll:

MysticalChicken

Ah, okay, thanks.  I didn't see it in the selection of smilies.

SteveS

No problemo.  I was going to type "Dude, use this one" but your profile lists "female" so I went with "Dudette" --- I'm not really sure if this is a word or not.  :wink:  

Also the rolling-eye smilie is one of my favorites - so I had to spread the joy.

MysticalChicken

Regarding jesus-is-savior.com again:

That website claims that rams are satanic (see, in the satanic music section, the part about The Killers).  Which is completely ridiculous in and of itself because everyone knows that a ram is part of the sheep family, and "sheep go to heaven, goats go to hell." (Cake, "Sheep Go to Heaven")  Now, how an animal could, in and of itself, be satanic is beyond me (personally I've never come across a circle of squirrels wearing black hoods and sacrificing one of their own on an altar, although that's a very amusing mental image), but that's beside the point.  My point is this:

I am an Aries, born March 26, 1979.

Aries is a ram.  (Small rant:  It's not even a part-ram part-something-else, it's just a ram.  How weird is that?  I mean, you could have a flying ram, or a ram that can speak Swahili, but no, it's just a ram.  And there's only two or three stars in its constellation!  I'm getting totally gypped here!  I mean at least Scorpio, for example, kinda looks like what it's supposed to be, but how the hell ancient humans could have looked at those three stars that make up Aries and said to themselves "Holy shit, that looks exactly like a ram" baffles me.)

Does that mean, that solely because of the date I was born, that I am satanic?  If there is a god, wouldn't I have been born on a different date?  Or even better, wouldn't god have caused the astrological sign Aries to not exist at all?  What kind of god says to himself:  "Now everyone born between the dates of March 21 and April 20 is automatically condemned to hellfire and damnation for the simple reason that they were born between March 21 and April 20.  It doesn't matter how good they are, or whether or not they believe John 3:16, or if they follow the Bible to the letter.  Rams are satanic, so all Aries must perish in hell."  That is absolutely insane.  And what about Capricorn?  Okay, Capricorn is actually a goat-fish thing (mergoat?), but still, it's a goat, and goats are apparently evil.  So not only would there have to be no Aries astrological sign, there would also have to be no Capricorn, for pretty much the same reasons that I've already stated concerning Aries.

Just another reason to add to the ever-growing list of why I don't believe in god.

Tom62

Quote from: "MysticalChicken"I am an Aries, born March 26, 1979.
Does that mean, that solely because of the date I was born, that I am satanic?
Yes,  ofcouse! I'm an Aries as  well and an athiest. See, there really is a connection. If only one of us is an Aries then it would be just a coincedence, but TWO Aries who are athiest?? These rams are evil and so are atheists! :wink:
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein