News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Palestine

Started by fyv0h, September 17, 2011, 02:36:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fyv0h

Now, I'm not one to stop the religious from eating one another, but I am against oppression. One thing I've despised for a long while is the US-Israeli foreign policy, especially the part that allows for oppression against Palestinians. Palestine is currently planning to request statehood from the UN. The US (and the Israeli puppet master) is trying to block this action. What do you think about this horrid alliance, and to that point, this act of oppression toward Palestine?

Furthermore, if you live stateside and feel the need to put a digital voice out there, below is an address to do just that.
http://salsa.democracyinaction.org/o/1439/p/dia/action/public/?action_KEY=7402
Jesus freaks out in the street. Handing tickets out for God.
Turning back, she just laughs. The boulevard is not that bad.  ~Elton John

لا إله

WWSDJD - What Would Sammy Davis Jr Do?

OldGit

Whilst I agree entirely about the evil US-Israeli policies in general, I'd have to disagree with you on this statehood issue.   IMO a unilateral declaration of statehood would very likely spark off even more nastiness from the Israelis.  What is needed at the moment, it seems to me, is a period of quiet punctuated only by attempts to stop further settlements.

Asmodean

I think the Palestinians should get the entire thing, current Israeli territories included... I also like firebombs, but that may be a bit excessive,

...Just an opinion.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Too Few Lions

The sooner they create a Palestinian state the better, before the more extreme Zionist nutters get the chance to try and claim all the land for themselves. Hopefully a few more of them will then realise they don't have a god-given right to that land and they should try and live peacefully alongside the Palestinians.

I think part of the problem with US-Israeli politics is the American Christian nutters that stalk the corridors of power believing that the Jews must build / restore a temple on the Dome of the Rock before Jesus can return to judge us all.

fyv0h

agreed. further postponement simply permits further brutality.

لا إله

Too Few Lions

the world would be a far better and more peaceful place if everyone was atheists ;)

Guardian85

It is funny, in a tragic sort of way, how Israel and their american lap dogs are protesting the palestinian use of the same methodology for aquiring statehood that was used to establish the state of Israel in the first place.

" I love the smell of hipocricy in the morning..."

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Will

Israel has a legal responsibility as an occupier of Palestine under the Fourth Geneva Convention that it has violated for decades with the active assistance of the United States both in helping to arm the IDF with state of the art weapons and also creating an international legal barrier in our permanent role on the UN Security Council and in other ways. Israel has repeatedly been found guilty of war crimes by numerous international organizations.

I have no problem with the Jewish people having their own state. I have no problem with the state of Israel being internationally recognized. I have a problem with the behavior of the Israeli government and the IDF. Their policies of asymmetrical warfare, racism, and forcing Palestinians from their homes and lands are objectively wrong and should be actively prevented by the international community. Israel has absolutely no right to police Palestinian waters, no right to routinely commit incursions into Palestinian lands, no right to attack and kill civilians, no right to build homes on Palestinian lands, no right to build walls around Palestinian lands, and certainly no right to prevent international aid from reaching Palestinians. I certainly don't agree with Hamas and other Palestinian guerrilla attacks, particularly those against Israeli civilians, but I see a people desperate and out of options.
I want bad people to look forward to and celebrate the day I die, because if they don't, I'm not living up to my potential.

Too Few Lions

I totally agree with everything you say Will. I think it was a mistake to create the State of Israel in 1948 as the Palestinians who lost their homes and livelihood as a result weren't in any way responsible for the holocaust and general persecution of Jews by Christians that had preceeded it in Europe for 1600 years.

But the state of Israel exists and Arabs should recognise and accept its existence, and Israelis in turn should accept the existence of Palestine as an independent state, and not keep trying to take more and more land that isn't theirs. The more extremist Zionists have to be made to realise that they don't have a god-given right to that or any other land. Creating an officially recognised Palestinian State with legal borders would hopefully stop these nutters from stealing Palestinian land.

Sweetdeath

Quote from: Too Few Lions on September 21, 2011, 04:21:03 PM
the world would be a far better and more peaceful place if everyone was atheists ;)

Yes it would, since the main slaughter in that area is religion based.    No one fucking cares where Jesus took a piss.
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Tank

"In a world where there are only atheists, the one thing you can be sure of is that all the thefts, rapes and murders will be carried out by atheists."

Tribalism existed before theism and will exist after it is gone.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

I'm not convinced that it's religion-based. Religion is the main scapegoat for the religious and a tribal separator, but determining which resources will be in which State is a greater problem and possible cause to future conflict. That area isn't exactly rich in resources...

I have my doubts as to whether the creation of a Palestinian State will end the problem. Maybe lessen is a little, but I'm not sure.

(I think there should be an independent Palestine, btw)

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

fyv0h

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on September 25, 2011, 02:39:59 AM
I'm not convinced that it's religion-based. Religion is the main scapegoat for the religious and a tribal separator, but determining which resources will be in which State is a greater problem and possible cause to future conflict. That area isn't exactly rich in resources...

I have my doubts as to whether the creation of a Palestinian State will end the problem. Maybe lessen is a little, but I'm not sure.

(I think there should be an independent Palestine, btw)

I have little doubt that the Pali/Israeli violence there stems at least partly from the 7th century Muslim siege that saw the Jewish lose control of Temple Mount, which is ridiculously sacred to them. 

With that said, the US intervention isn't entirely due to religion. Jews hold massive wealth, they run massive banks, and push massive lobbyists. The cash flowing through the Jewish elite is incredible. Israel also provides that jumping off point for any US military action in the Arab world. The political posturing has it roots in deeper, dirtier soil.   

لا إله

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: fyv0h on September 25, 2011, 06:17:26 AM
I have little doubt that the Pali/Israeli violence there stems at least partly from the 7th century Muslim siege that saw the Jewish lose control of Temple Mount, which is ridiculously sacred to them. 

With that said, the US intervention isn't entirely due to religion. Jews hold massive wealth, they run massive banks, and push massive lobbyists. The cash flowing through the Jewish elite is incredible. Israel also provides that jumping off point for any US military action in the Arab world. The political posturing has it roots in deeper, dirtier soil.

Looks like a more complete picture...
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Tank

Separate states didn't work for India/Pakisatan or Eire/Northern-Ireland, it just entrenched the issues.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.