News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Who would you save?

Started by Tank, September 09, 2011, 04:40:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on September 10, 2011, 02:27:58 AM
Can I save my cats? Or would they count as family?
If you want. *eyeroll*
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Tank

Actully is there anybody in your family you would laugh out of the window at as you left?
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Sweetdeath

What do you have against cats? :(  I love mine.
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Tank

Quote from: Sweetdeath on September 10, 2011, 07:45:20 AM
We are supposed to be talking a thought experiment, it's not real, of course you can take who you like. The idea is if you have taken all the important stuff (including pets etc.) and you have one spare seat who would you gift it to?

Asmodean

Quote from: Tank on September 10, 2011, 07:44:02 AM
Actully is there anybody in your family you would laugh out of the window at as you left?
Oh, I'd gloat 'til I went hoarse.  ;D
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Sweetdeath

Quote from: Tank on September 10, 2011, 07:47:47 AM
We are supposed to be talking a thought experiment, it's not real, of course you can take who you like. The idea is if you have taken all the important stuff (including pets etc.) and you have one spare seat who would you gift it to?

I was the first to comment on page one. XDD  Getting old, Tank?  ;)

Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Tank

Quote from: Sweetdeath on September 10, 2011, 08:09:14 AM

Yep! Who are you?

Xjeepguy

I would save Jon Stewart. After the apocalypse, I might need a laugh......
If I were re-born 1000 times, it would be as an atheist 1000 times. -Heisenberg

saulgood

Quote from: A :(smodean on September 09, 2011, 10:21:15 PM
I am who I am. Always. (Except on days when I get my paycheck, the weather is perfect, I have a perfect smoke after waking up at noon, a perfect bowel movement over a perfect newspaper and the TV is not full of crap... Needless to say, my perfect days are... Far between.)

Surely a perfect bowel movement over a perfect newspaper would just create a real mess!  Personally I would still prefer to use a bog standard toilet.
"He wrapped himself in quotations- as a beggar would enfold himself in the purple of Emperors."
Rudyard Kipling

Asmodean

Quote from: saulgood on September 10, 2011, 11:33:46 AM
Surely a perfect bowel movement over a perfect newspaper would just create a real mess!  Personally I would still prefer to use a bog standard toilet.
It's hard sitting on the porcelain throne when one is round and made of clay, you know...  >:(
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

The Magic Pudding

So where are we going on this escape from global catastrophe?
New Zealand or Al­pha Cen­tau­ri B's New New Zealand?

Cats have already wreaked their havoc in New Zealand, if we need cats to control the rats we've let slip aboard, well that's two reasons for me to sabotage the warp reactor.

Sweetdeath

Quote from: Tank on September 10, 2011, 08:10:09 AM
Quote from: Sweetdeath on September 10, 2011, 08:09:14 AM

Yep! Who are you?

Haha xDD

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Xjeepguy on September 10, 2011, 11:22:05 AM
I would save Jon Stewart. After the apocalypse, I might need a laugh......

If we absolutely have to give the spare seat to a human being, I'll second this.

QuoteActully is there anybody in your family you would laugh out of the window at as you left?

Oh yeah.  While petting the cat who took their seat.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

DeterminedJuliet

Quote from: Tank on September 10, 2011, 07:42:44 AM
Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on September 10, 2011, 02:27:58 AM
Can I save my cats? Or would they count as family?
If you want. *eyeroll*

I like my cats better than most people.
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Sweetdeath

What kinda cats are they?  :)
I just have a grumpy orange tabby.
Hopefully in the future I can have a cat as cute as this guy though (genetically altered to stay this small!  ;) )

Back ontopic:    I would also save Stephan Colbert. >___>