News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Tell us A Bit About Where You're From

Started by xSilverPhinx, September 05, 2011, 09:53:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ali

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on July 14, 2012, 05:00:55 AM
I'm tempted to post a picture of my closet, just for hilarity's sake. Also, with a toddler and two cats running around, my apartment stays clean for approximately .5 seconds after we clean it. 

You and me both, sister.  Also, Husband is home all day because he's a teacher and it's summer, so things are more dire than the rest of the year.  It breaks down like this: he's home all day, which, if it were me, would mean that I would get the house sparkling clean and spanking neat.  But he's the yin to my yang, so instead of spending his days cleaning and scrubbing, he spends his days dragging stuff out and not putting it back.  Which I then get really sullen about, and refuse to pick up because he's a grown man and home all day and I'm not the maid, do I look like your maid, I'm NOT the maid....

Also, we had a flood, and the house is nowhere near being fixed yet.  >:(

Asmodean

...So there is a sock in the fridge and another over the shower head... Big deal!  ::)
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Ali

Quote from: Asmodean on July 16, 2012, 05:22:45 PM
...So there is a sock in the fridge and another over the shower head... Big deal!  ::)

I'm sick of cold, wet socks. 

Tank

Quote from: Ali on July 16, 2012, 06:34:50 PM

:-X
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Asmodean

Prefer the ones crusted at one end?  ;D
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Ali

Quote from: Asmodean on July 16, 2012, 07:15:03 PM

Prefer the ones crusted at one end?  ;D

Gross.  ;D

TheWalkingContradiction

Quote from: bisbell6 on July 16, 2012, 02:09:32 AM
And where I live now - my community, Lake Margaret:

My home:

These photos are just plain wonderful.  Lucky you to live there!  For some reason, though, I hear German music in my head when I look at them.  The top photo reminds me of Switzerland.  The second, which is a stunningly beautiful house, makes me think of (for some reason)...  The gingerbread house in Hansel and Gretel.

bisbell6

I promise I don't eat children.   ;D
"Quickly, bring me a beaker of wine so that I may wet my mind and say something clever". (Aristophanes)

Buddy

Quote from: bisbell6 on July 17, 2012, 04:54:48 AM

You won't get into the Asmo's rank with that attitude!
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Asmodean

Quote from: Budhorse4 on July 17, 2012, 05:33:31 AM
Quote from: bisbell6 on July 17, 2012, 04:54:48 AM

You won't get into the Asmo's rank with that attitude!
Not at all.  >:(
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

*Ace*

The confines of Indiana, USA. Fort Wayne, to be more specific. It's become a bit hipper over time but is still small-minded mid-America in a very conservative state. Sigh. Oh, and we have a nickname dating back to the 19th century: City of Churches. There's one on every other street corner it seems. According to wikipedia, we have 360 churches in a city of 257,000 people.
My opinions change with new information.

Tank

Quote from: *Ace* on December 14, 2014, 02:19:06 PM
The confines of Indiana, USA. Fort Wayne, to be more specific. It's become a bit hipper over time but is still small-minded mid-America in a very conservative state. Sigh. Oh, and we have a nickname dating back to the 19th century: City of Churches. There's one on every other street corner it seems. According to wikipedia, we have 360 churches in a city of 257,000 people.
700 people per church and nearly one church for every day of the year. You have my deepest sympathies!
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

*Ace*

Quote from: Tank on December 14, 2014, 03:49:56 PM
Quote from: *Ace* on December 14, 2014, 02:19:06 PM
700 people per church and nearly one church for every day of the year. You have my deepest sympathies!
Haha, thanks!
My opinions change with new information.

xSilverPhinx

I'm bumping this ancient topic for newcomers.  8)
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Tank