News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

Tell us A Bit About Where You're From

Started by xSilverPhinx, September 05, 2011, 09:53:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crocoduck

Enrique thats a beautiful place I live pretty far from the beach. I live somewhere in this valley.

As we all know, the miracle of fishes and loaves is only scientifically explainable through the medium of casseroles
Dobermonster
However some of the jumped up jackasses do need a damn good kicking. Not that they will respond to the kicking but just to show they can be kicked
Some dude in a Tank

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Crocoduck

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 12, 2011, 11:48:59 PM
Talk about polar opposite  8)
Yes but they both are beautiful in there own ways.
As we all know, the miracle of fishes and loaves is only scientifically explainable through the medium of casseroles
Dobermonster
However some of the jumped up jackasses do need a damn good kicking. Not that they will respond to the kicking but just to show they can be kicked
Some dude in a Tank

Enrique

Quote from: Crocoduck on December 13, 2011, 12:01:47 AM
what a beautiful place where you live, I've never seen snow in my life ):

Asmodean

Quote from: Enrique on December 13, 2011, 02:04:18 AM
Snow is white, cold and usually accompanied by ice, which is ridiculously slippery when applied to roads.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Enrique

Quote from: Asmodean on December 13, 2011, 02:10:02 AM
Snow is white, cold and usually accompanied by ice, which is ridiculously slippery when applied to roads.

*Clap, clap*, you are smart.

DeterminedJuliet

It loses its appeal very, very quickly  :P
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Happy_Is_Good

I am from this place:

Now...some may consider Sam Houston a Redneck, but that really isn't the case.  First and foremost he was raised a Cherorkee Indian (Yeah...ain't that hard to believe!) and he was against the American Civil War - Texas Impeached him for his reluctance to defend slavary!

Anyways...He tried.  He won some.  He lost some.   But...he tried to do good things.

Don't we all?

Tank

Quote from: Crocoduck on December 13, 2011, 12:01:47 AM
Many years ago the company I worked for (In the UK) started an operation in Sydney, Australia and brought two Australian staff to the UK for training. We were all in quite a large and important policy meeting and somebody remarked that it had started to snow. The two Aussi guys literally leapt out of their seats and ran out, leaving the rest of us a little bit perplexed. So we followed them. They were out in the car park catching the snow flakes like a pair of kids. They then realised we were all watching them doing this. They'd never seen snow before. It was a very funny moment.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Asmodean

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on December 13, 2011, 05:14:39 AM

It loses its appeal very, very quickly  :P
...Especially when it loses its whiteness and cleanness, which is especially the case near roads, around which towns and cities tend to be built.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Squid

My current place of living is in a small town in south Texas:

It's known for wildflowers, turkeys, cattle and other livestock:

And some poor creature people keep claiming is the mythical chupacabra:

There's been a recent boom in the oilfield here with the discovery of the Eagle Ford Shale which has contributed to a boom in local business, increase in traffic as well as bars and crime.

Melmoth

Quote from: Squid

I love that gothic revival style you only seem to get in southern Unites States, round tower things on the corners of buildings etc. I'd love to go there just for the fantastic, weird architecture.

EDIT: woops. got the embed image thing wrong.
"That life has no meaning is a reason to live - moreover, the only one." - Emil Cioran.

Crocoduck

Quote from: Melmoth on December 13, 2011, 02:24:28 PM
Quote from: Squid

I love that gothic revival style you only seem to get in southern Unites States, round tower things on the corners of buildings etc. I'd love to go there just for the fantastic, weird architecture.

EDIT: woops. got the embed image thing wrong.

Look at all the pick up trucks with nary a car or mini van to sully the eye.
Dobermonster
Some dude in a Tank

Asmodean

Quote from: Crocoduck on December 13, 2011, 04:06:22 PM
Look at all the pick up trucks with nary a car or mini van to sully the eye.
That black thing... Green... Whatever, to the right... What that?  ??? Looks like a smallish vehicle for some reason...
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

squidfetish

I live in Cornwall at the ass-end of the South West of England.  It's famous for tin-mining, surfing, educational underachievement and inbreeding.  Woop...  :P
reptilian overlord