News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

In Pictures: Babies on the brink

Started by Tank, September 02, 2011, 11:17:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Sweetdeath

What a strange, yet adorable animal.   Still not as cute as a pygmy marmoset!  XP

http://www.primates.com/marmosets/pygmy-marmoset.jpg
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Sandra Craft

I may be crazy, but it looks like one of the Navi from that movie Avatar.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Tank

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on September 07, 2011, 08:28:13 AM
I may be crazy, but it looks like one of the Navi from that movie Avatar.
Well that isn't all that surprising really as Cameron is no fool. The Navi will have been created as emotionally attractive good guys so the chances are that they would have the facial characteristics that trigger human attachment instincts. The little primate is related to us and so it looks like us thus triggering the same emotions that the Navi were designed to.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: Tank on September 07, 2011, 09:43:17 AMThe little primate is related to us and so it looks like us thus triggering the same emotions that the Navi were designed to.

Who here looks like that?

Tank

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on September 07, 2011, 09:54:41 AM
Quote from: Tank on September 07, 2011, 09:43:17 AMThe little primate is related to us and so it looks like us thus triggering the same emotions that the Navi were designed to.

Who here looks like that?
Using the 'Theistic Argument for Reality' (TAR) unless you can prove that you don't look like that I'll have to believe that you do.

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: Tank on September 07, 2011, 10:03:48 AM
Using the 'Theistic Argument for Reality' (TAR) unless you can prove that you don't look like that I'll have to believe that you do.

All right then can't argue with godly thought, not without getting giddy and nauseous anyway.

Who else here looks like that?

Tank

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on September 07, 2011, 10:25:47 AM

All right then can't argue with godly thought, not without getting giddy and nauseous anyway.

Well according to TAR everybody we have't seen a picture of.

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: Tank on September 07, 2011, 10:42:48 AM
Well according to TAR everybody we have't seen a picture of.

So pictures prove things...
If I get a picture of the top side of clouds devoid of the jolly dead, will that prove anything?

Sandra Craft

Not me, it's cuter than I am.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Tank

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on September 07, 2011, 03:36:38 PM

Not me, it's cuter than I am.
Well I'd say it's cuter than 99% of adult humans so it's also wayyyy cuter than me!

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: Tank on September 07, 2011, 03:52:42 PM
Well I'd say it's cuter than 99% of adult humans so it's also wayyyy cuter than me!

I've often wondered why Jabba The Hut found Princess Leia attractive, do you have any insight on this issue?

Tank

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on September 07, 2011, 04:43:22 PM
Quote from: Tank on September 07, 2011, 03:52:42 PM

I've often wondered why Jabba The Hut found Princess Leia attractive, do you have any insight on this issue?
Yes, but I'm keeping them to myself  ;D

Sweetdeath

What about Momo from the animated series: Avatar?  :D
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.