News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

hello peeps

Started by Asmodean Prime, July 11, 2006, 11:10:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asmodean Prime

i'm new on here, just joined yesterday.

i am a Christian believer.  do you think its odd that i joined your forum?

do you resent me for being here, and 'invading' your space?

or are you up for some serious discussion, on any topic?

i admit i don't have all the answers, but then, neither do you

any comments welcome!

McQ

I personally welcome you being here. No resentment. I've been where you are now, and believed the same as you. I'm willing to bet that I am more up to discussing this seriously than you are though. And I will challenge you on the assertion about not having all the answers. I don't have them all, by any means, but I'll bet you I have more than you do! LOL!
Ready any time you are.
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

Big Mac

Wow, that's called projection. It's not odd, a lot of Christians come to atheist boards with the intent on witnessing. Resent? Naw, I find it amusing. Any tactic you use I've seen or done when I was a Christian myself. My friends also pull this crap all the time about needing to get right with God and Jesus. Throw me a serious topic and we'll talk, if you're hear to just preach, then you will be told a rather vulgar suggestion of what you can do to my you know what.
Quote from: "PoopShoot"And what if pigs shit candy?

Amor Fati

Welcome to the forum.

Amor Fati

We are always up for serious discussion, and quite a few of us take public education regarding Atheism and science seriously.  Fire away, but you'll find better answers by asking one at a time.

Whitney

We've already had one theist join...disusss one topic a little then leave...went quite well.  If this wasn't such a young forum we would have had more than just her and you join by now.  A lot of theists join atheist forums...some are nice about it while others are purely annoying.

I'm always up for a serious discussion...they can be fun.

Anyway, welcome.

Squid

Quote from: "onlyme"i'm new on here, just joined yesterday.

i am a Christian believer.  do you think its odd that i joined your forum?

No.

Quotedo you resent me for being here, and 'invading' your space?

No.

Quoteor are you up for some serious discussion, on any topic?

Sure.

Quotei admit i don't have all the answers, but then, neither do you

Depends on what we're talking about.

Asmodean Prime

squid

you answered 'no' to all my other points, but then regarding having all the answers, you said 'depends on what we're talking about'

Does it?

please elaborate.

Squid

I'm pretty sure I have some answers somewhere in my pocket.  For instance:

"Where were you last night at 4 a.m. Squid?"

I have an answer for that - I was in bed asleep.  So, I do have some answers.

As opposed to:

"Hey Squid, my lights flicker on and off.  What's wrong with my electrical wiring in my house?"

I don't have the slightest clue when it comes to electrical work so I have no answer that would be worth much at any rate.

Asmodean Prime

Hey, squid:  I know kung fu?

I was also a european class karate champion, who demonstrated and exhibited with Andy Sherry and Billy Higgins, and performed for Royalty.

Just couldn't see the point, eventually, of spending 8 hours a day learning how to punch people's lights out.

It's funny, isnt' it, where life takes you in the long run?

Squid

Cool.  I started out originally in Korean Freestyle Karate and later moved into Aikijujitsu for a while.  After my stint in the Navy I picked up WuDang Shaolin but ended up going back to Aikijujitsu/Aikido.  I've found a few good dojos around here - one place has a head instructor who was trained by Bill Sosa.  Sosa was trained by two students of the founder of Aikido Morihei Ueshiba.  I'll have to take some classes if I have the time and cash later on.

Asmodean Prime

squid, yeah, i studied goju ryu, wing chun, shotokan, and various other disciples.  must admit, though, that after studying various forms of hard and soft fighting styles, i am truly impressed with aikido, and their ability to disarm and neutralise an opponent with such grace and lack of effort.  I myself have always traditionally been for the 'hard's styles, but now, having studied further, I see that aikido has a lot to offer, only wish I'd turned my attention to that in my heyday.

Squid

I find aikido to be a wonderful art.  Watching masters work is very awe-inspiring the way they seem to effortlessly defeat their opponents even several attackers at once.  I hope to further my knowledge of it much further in the future.

Asmodean Prime

squid, you said.

Watching masters work is very awe-inspiring the way they seem to effortlessly defeat their opponents even several attackers at once.

you got it right, there, brother

Squid

I know people talk bad about him but Seagal is one amazing man to watch do demonstrations:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qd1_ok9zh3I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0VcOtneCRU