Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

Tekkonkinkreet

Started by Melmoth, August 31, 2011, 03:14:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melmoth

This is the first ten minutes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FfXWg7_AGI

I've been pushing this film on everyone I know since I saw it the other day. It's one of the best I've seen in a long time - heart-wrenching story, beautifully animated, plus a great soundtrack by Plaid. It seems a little obscure though. I was surprised not to have heard of it before now, since it came out in 2007. A must see.
"That life has no meaning is a reason to live - moreover, the only one." - Emil Cioran.

Sweetdeath

This is a greatly underappreciated movie.
My dad would not stop bothering me until I saw this.  It was amazing, and can only be compared to a great Miyazaki film in its own accord.  The fact that all the backdrops were done by watercolors were just...stunning.

And what really impressed me was the foreign director.  He did such a great job, and has such a genuine love for Japanese culture.  It made my heart swell. <3

Def love this movie!
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.