News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

me new here

Started by viriditas, August 29, 2011, 06:53:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

viriditas

Hello. In case anyone wanted to know, my user name Viriditas means the power of becoming green. I love plants and trees.
I'm not really sure how to cope with all my conflicting beliefs, but one thing I know for sure, there is no deity outside of myself (and other conscious critters).
I am looking for non-religious ideas about how to resolve certain philosophical issues in (my) life. Looks like a lot of good dialogue here. Thank you for having this forum.
Not Dead Yet!

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Tank

Hello Viriditas

Welcome to HAF  :)

Regards
Chris
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Evilbeagle

Hi, I hope you enjoy your stay here
England expects every man to heed the old lie: "Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Recusant

Hello and welcome to HAF, viriditas.

Wrangling over philosophical issues from a non-theist (though there are theists here who add their voices as well) standpoint is certainly one of the things that we do here. I look forward to your contributions (perspective, raising issues) in that area. There is a very mild probation of 10 posts required before you have access to posting topics in the more contentious areas, so feel free to ramble through the "Getting to Know You" section for a bit, then dive in!

I hope you enjoy your time reading and posting here.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

highway17

Medusa

She has the blood of reptile....just underneath her skin...

viriditas

Thank you Recusant, for the introduction, and thank you everybody for the welcome. I'm currently enjoying the images. (jesus appears on a dog...etc.) Lots of hilarity (and black humor) on those pages.
Not Dead Yet!

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: viriditas on September 01, 2011, 06:48:11 AM
I'm currently enjoying the images. (jesus appears on a dog...etc.) Lots of hilarity (and black humor) on those pages.

LOL there's one that people don't hasten to parade around town...
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Melmoth

Welcome viriditas! :D Nice name. I'm sure you'll enjoy yourself here.
"That life has no meaning is a reason to live - moreover, the only one." - Emil Cioran.

Happy with no god

Quote from: viriditas on August 29, 2011, 06:53:20 AM
Hello. In case anyone wanted to know, my user name Viriditas means the power of becoming green. I love plants and trees.
I'm not really sure how to cope with all my conflicting beliefs, but one thing I know for sure, there is no deity outside of myself (and other conscious critters).
I am looking for non-religious ideas about how to resolve certain philosophical issues in (my) life. Looks like a lot of good dialogue here. Thank you for having this forum.
Welcome, look forward to helping (hopefully) with your philosophical issues.
I don't know why people are so keen to put the details of their private life in public(Facebook). They forget that invisibility is a superpower."

viriditas

I decided to start a new topic instead of ranting here...
Not Dead Yet!

kbush

welcome, and good luck with everything !

kbush

well welcome! and i hope you can find all the answers you need here.