News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

TV adverts you hate!

Started by Tank, August 16, 2011, 06:35:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

It started here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_-9QFvhQWo

It got worse, those are for later in the thread >:(
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

OldGit

I agree, those are probably the worst on British TV at the moment.  Ironic, because another price-comparison firm has the very best: Compare The Meerkat.

Tank

"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Whitney

I hate most ads on Hulu because they tend to play the same one over and over and over and over again.

Ihateyoumike

Prayers that need no answer now, cause I'm tired of who I am
You were my greatest mistake, I fell in love with your sin
Your littlest sin.

Tom62

The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

ThinkAnarchy

The first one was awful, I would have to mute my t.v. when it came on.

The second one I actually like. I like the Old Spice guy.

I'm indifferent to the third.

As for me, I hate the majority of commercials. If you create a thread about ads I enjoy, I could post some. I just noticed I remember a bunch of them, but the ones I despise, I can't even remember enough to google them.
"He that displays too often his wife and his wallet is in danger of having both of them borrowed." -Ben Franklin

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -credited to Franklin, but not sure.

Tank

Quote from: ThinkAnarchy on August 18, 2011, 07:23:56 AM
The first one was awful, I would have to mute my t.v. when it came on.

The second one I actually like. I like the Old Spice guy.

I'm indifferent to the third.

As for me, I hate the majority of commercials. If you create a thread about ads I enjoy, I could post some. I just noticed I remember a bunch of them, but the ones I despise, I can't even remember enough to google them.
Why don't you start a thread? It's pefectly acceptable  ;D

The Magic Pudding

I don't like it that adds are noisier than the normal program and I have to turn them down, particularly when wearing headphones.

Tank

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on August 18, 2011, 09:16:51 AM
I don't like it that adds are noisier than the normal program and I have to turn them down, particularly when wearing headphones.
There have been repeated complaints about this. I just mute the adds.

Evilbeagle

I definitely agree Tank. I'm sure they do amp the volume up during commercials and on the UK cable channels there are way too many commercial breaks.

I particularly hate ads that lie to you or try to twist statistics.

I don't mind funny ads. I too like the Old Spice guy.

I'm on a horse  ;D
England expects every man to heed the old lie: "Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Xjeepguy

I hate Political ads. Ugh, theres another election coming. That sucks. We will be bombarded with mudslinging, lies and propaganda once again.
If I were re-born 1000 times, it would be as an atheist 1000 times. -Heisenberg

DeterminedJuliet

Rogers commercials annoy the beejezus out of me. This one is probably the worst, but they are all HORRID.
http://youtu.be/saKNFwNuJvQ
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Will

"It's my money and I need it now!"

No. No, it's not your money, and stop yelling or I'll call the police.
I want bad people to look forward to and celebrate the day I die, because if they don't, I'm not living up to my potential.

Tank

Quote from: Will on August 23, 2011, 04:16:35 AM
"It's my money and I need it now!"

No. No, it's not your money, and stop yelling or I'll call the police.
You're going to have to add some context around that  :)