News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

We Exist

Started by utynb, October 11, 2007, 05:00:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

utynb

Not sure if this is spamming? But I found this new article today, thought you guys would like to read: http://ezinearticles.com/?I-EXIST---Do- ... &id=766337I EXIST - Do You Mind?

Mister Joy

Here's how I see it: 'existence' is word derived by us to refer to the state in which we live as well as literally everything around us. Therefore any attempt to argue that we don't exist can only work by subtly changing the word's meaning to something other than that, which would be false. :D Simple but effective.

pjkeeley

QuoteNot sure if this is spamming?
No it's not spamming but it is annoying. Don't just post an article and tell us to read it. Maybe you could give your own opinion, talk about what you thought about it?

I thought it was a bunch of bullshit myself. "Law of attraction" indeed!  :roll:

User192021

I wasn't surprised to read at the bottom of the page that the author of this article is a "motivational speaker".  It's mostly cliche, new age hippy stuff that most people would probably agree with.  Specifically, what is the point that he is trying to make?  For example, what exactly does he mean by this line?  

"Your mind and spirit are boundless. When the physical is gone, the Infinite I remains."

Really?  Prove it.

I'm not saying I disagree with everything written in the article - I agree that we control our own destiny, to an extent, of course.  But the "Law of Attraction"?  I can't sign off on that.  So whatever we put our energy and thought towards, will come our way?  To me, this sounds like another one of these ideas that are too vague to be taken seriously and as soon as you challenge him on it, he'll just change the meaning to something you can agree with.  There are plenty of things I can put all my energy and thought towards and they still won't happen.  But yes, if you work for something and make it your goal, often times you can accomplish great things.  What does he specifically mean when he says "Any thought you may have, when combined with emotion, vibrates out from you to the universe and will attract back what you want."?  The language he uses implies that there is some supernatural force ensuring that these things happen, but again, he's not clear about what he means.

Steve Reason

It's all good...
I do not fear death, in view of the fact that I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it. ~ Mark Twain

http://rumtickle.blogspot.com/

jcm

So you have no memories when you are born. Before that, you had no way of receiving, processing or storing reality. So what exactly are you before you are born and after you die? Nothing!
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. -cs