Started by Cforcerunner, August 01, 2011, 06:52:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Quote from: Cforcerunner on August 05, 2011, 05:57:45 AM
Quote from: McQ on August 05, 2011, 03:26:12 AM
Quote from: Cforcerunner on August 05, 2011, 12:10:14 AM
Quote from: McQ on August 01, 2011, 08:12:04 PM
Welcome.

What brand of theist are you? Thousands to choose from, so help narrow it down a bit so we don't jump to any conclusions.

Ahh...I imagined someone would ask that. And I am afraid it's the atheist's favorite religion! But I will simply call myself a modern disciple of Jesus the Nazarene.

Ok, that helps. But please don't assume that one religion is "favored" over another by atheists. The god you worship is just one in a list of thousands that atheists do not believe exist. Christians often think what you just wrote here simply because (especially in the U.S.), it's the religion Christians know the best.

Anyway, welcome, and hope you find what you're looking for here.

In my experience, I have had many forum members of previous forums shut me down before I had could get a word in because I said I was Christian. While Buddhist and Neopaganist had much more of a warmer welcome as freethinkers. But this is just from my own experience, so this is why I only answer if someone asks.  
You are welcome to express your opinions on any subject you like, includingyour particular world view. You won't get shut down, unless of course you consider being asked unanswerable questions being shut down :D

This forum is unique in my experience of atheist forums (but I haven't been to many) in that it values civility in discussion an debate.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Tank

Quote from: Cforcerunner on August 05, 2011, 06:00:17 AM
Quote from: Whitney on August 05, 2011, 02:02:02 AM
Quote from: Cforcerunner on August 05, 2011, 12:10:14 AM
I will post a FAQ for those seeking a thoughtful Christian response to various topics for those who wish to hear an answer.

Please wait to do anything like that till after you get access to the religion section.

When do newcomers get that access?
10 posts an your in.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Hidelight

Welcome I am fairly new and an equal oppurtunity atheist! I feel exactly the same about all godlike/spiritual belief systems

Evilbeagle

England expects every man to heed the old lie: "Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Whitney

Black36