News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Hello Happy Atheists!

Started by Cforcerunner, August 01, 2011, 06:52:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cforcerunner

Hi all! I am a theist coming to with the purpose of making things interesting and hopefully adding my own perspective on certain topics. Although having many certainties in my own worldview, I have always maintained an open mind with the intent on learning and understanding the beliefs of others. If you have any specific questions regarding why I chose to be a theist with an intellectual approach, I'd love to answer. I will look forward to seeing everyone around the forum!

Have a great day!

Sweetdeath

Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

ThinkAnarchy

Welcome to the boards.

If you continue to post, I imagine a question or two will come to my mind.
"He that displays too often his wife and his wallet is in danger of having both of them borrowed." -Ben Franklin

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -credited to Franklin, but not sure.

Tank

Hi Cforcefunner

Thanks for taking the time to join in. We are a little short of active theists at the moment.

Welcome to HAF  :)

Regards
Chris
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Cforcerunner

Quote from: ThinkAnarchy on August 01, 2011, 07:05:17 AM
Welcome to the boards.

If you continue to post, I imagine a question or two will come to my mind.

Sounds great, will be looking forward to it!

Quote from: Tank on August 01, 2011, 08:54:06 AM
Hi Cforcefunner

Thanks for taking the time to join in. We are a little short of active theists at the moment.

Welcome to HAF  :)

Regards
Chris

Glad to add diversity to the crowd! Thanks everyone!

McQ

Welcome.

What brand of theist are you? Thousands to choose from, so help narrow it down a bit so we don't jump to any conclusions.
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

Whitney

DeterminedJuliet

"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Cforcerunner

Quote from: McQ on August 01, 2011, 08:12:04 PM
Welcome.

What brand of theist are you? Thousands to choose from, so help narrow it down a bit so we don't jump to any conclusions.

Ahh...I imagined someone would ask that. And I am afraid it's the atheist's favorite religion! But I will simply call myself a modern disciple of Jesus the Nazarene.

I will post a FAQ for those seeking a thoughtful Christian response to various topics for those who wish to hear an answer.

Whitney

Quote from: Cforcerunner on August 05, 2011, 12:10:14 AM
I will post a FAQ for those seeking a thoughtful Christian response to various topics for those who wish to hear an answer.

Please wait to do anything like that till after you get access to the religion section.

McQ

Welcome.

Ahh...I imagined someone would ask that. And I am afraid it's the atheist's favorite religion! But I will simply call myself a modern disciple of Jesus the Nazarene.

Ok, that helps. But please don't assume that one religion is "favored" over another by atheists. The god you worship is just one in a list of thousands that atheists do not believe exist. Christians often think what you just wrote here simply because (especially in the U.S.), it's the religion Christians know the best.

Anyway, welcome, and hope you find what you're looking for here.
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

Cforcerunner

Quote from: McQ on August 05, 2011, 03:26:12 AM
Welcome.

Ok, that helps. But please don't assume that one religion is "favored" over another by atheists. The god you worship is just one in a list of thousands that atheists do not believe exist. Christians often think what you just wrote here simply because (especially in the U.S.), it's the religion Christians know the best.

Anyway, welcome, and hope you find what you're looking for here.

In my experience, I have had many forum members of previous forums shut me down before I had could get a word in because I said I was Christian. While Buddhist and Neopaganist had much more of a warmer welcome as freethinkers. But this is just from my own experience, so this is why I only answer if someone asks. 

Cforcerunner

Quote from: Whitney on August 05, 2011, 02:02:02 AM

Please wait to do anything like that till after you get access to the religion section.

When do newcomers get that access?

Medusa

Quote from: Cforcerunner on August 05, 2011, 06:00:17 AM
Quote from: Whitney on August 05, 2011, 02:02:02 AM

When do newcomers get that access?
Just 5 more posts and you'll be there!  :D
She has the blood of reptile....just underneath her skin...