News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Not believing in evolution?

Started by YoungAtheist, July 27, 2011, 11:53:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Medusa

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on July 28, 2011, 04:26:34 AM
Creationists hmmmm, I could possibly respect them if there were only a few of them and they were part of museum exhibit.
I'd say give it time. But they procreate like horny little bunnies! :D
She has the blood of reptile....just underneath her skin...

Sweetdeath

Creationists hmmmm, I could possibly respect them if there were only a few of them and they were part of museum exhibit.
That would be fun. XD An exhibit I mean.
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Tank

Quote from: Medusa on July 28, 2011, 03:26:22 AM
My fiance and I got into this debate years ago. And after we got through blabbing our mouths off we came to some plausible conclusions. That Evolution could be the way God's creation plan works. We walked away and just left it all at that. Neither of us have really made mention of that argument again. Now we just argue who is better Batman Or Wolverine. Seriously.
Theistic Evolution (or TE'ist) is a common way to accommodate the discrepancy between science and belief. Personally I think it's a cop-out, but then I would. However having made a few good friends at college last year, who happen to be Muslims, I don't engage in controversial debate with them because I value them as friends and good friends are few and far between.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Tank

Creationists hmmmm, I could possibly respect them if there were only a few of them and they were part of a museum exhibit.

We can but hope. Maybe we could get Ken Ham to build the museum.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Medusa

Quote from: Tank on July 28, 2011, 07:58:46 AM
Quote from: Medusa on July 28, 2011, 03:26:22 AM
My fiance and I got into this debate years ago. And after we got through blabbing our mouths off we came to some plausible conclusions. That Evolution could be the way God's creation plan works. We walked away and just left it all at that. Neither of us have really made mention of that argument again. Now we just argue who is better Batman Or Wolverine. Seriously.
Theistic Evolution (or TE'ist) is a common way to accommodate the discrepancy between science and belief. Personally I think it's a cop-out, but then I would. However having made a few good friends at college last year, who happen to be Muslims, I don't engage in controversial debate with them because I value them as friends and good friends are few and far between.
You know the Satanist in me wants to call it a cop out too. But as a future wife, I have a feeling compromise is in the best interest of me and my husband. For now he's barely letting me neuter the male cats I want us to have. He gets very upset and demands that I should leave their testicles alone. That I might do the same to him if he doesn't behave. I advised him if he ever picked up a stone to throw at me, I would throw a bigger one back at him. Needles to say...I am neutering our future cats for their own good and leaving his intact.  ;)
She has the blood of reptile....just underneath her skin...