News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

I'm truly afraid for the USA

Started by rlrose328, October 02, 2007, 06:23:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rlrose328

I just watched Jesus Camp (on YouTube in 9 parts) and wow... I'm truly frightened for this country.

Anyone else watch this movie?  I was actually in tears at one point because I grieve for how badly these kids have been brainwashed and they have no clue.
**Kerri**
The Rogue Atheist Scrapbooker
Come visit me on Facebook!

Steve Reason

Yeah I've seen it. It makes me more angry than anything-- and maybe a little scared. I went through similar things as a youngster. The bad part is the damage that it does to your psyche-- which is difficult, if not impossible to repair. But the fact that most (or a lot of them anyway) of those children grow up and start thinking for themselves, gives me hope for them.

Sadly, some of them are doomed to live in ignorance forever. But at least the ones that survive it, will be better equipped to raise their own kids and help others so brainwashed. But yeah, it makes me fucking sick to my stomach-- especially as one who knows what many of those children have ahead of them. I'm guessing that cunt keeps a fifth of whiskey by her bed to help her sleep at night. At least I hope she does... :cry:
I do not fear death, in view of the fact that I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it. ~ Mark Twain

http://rumtickle.blogspot.com/

Allhailtuna

Do you have to link to the movie on Youtube? I've wanted to watch it for a while, but never found it anywhere.

Steve Reason

Here's part 1:

youtube jesus camp
I do not fear death, in view of the fact that I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it. ~ Mark Twain

http://rumtickle.blogspot.com/

Allhailtuna

Thanks. :P
Fortunately, I'm counting on the moderates and non-Christians to not allow that to happen. It's still a scary thing to imagine...

Will

Christians are frighteningly easy to control. If one came into my house, I'd have him under my thumb without too much difficulty.
I want bad people to look forward to and celebrate the day I die, because if they don't, I'm not living up to my potential.

rlrose328

Here is the first one of the entire movie... it's the set I watched:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c94b1_dx ... ed&search=  

Each piece butts up against the next, though I took a break between a few of them because I was in tears, I was so upset watching the brainwashing.  Those POOR children... those poor misguided and lied-to children.

The other part that upset me was the mom who was homeschooling... global warming isn't a big problem because it's only gone up 0.6 degrees (according to her "schoolbook"), "If you look at creationism, you realize it's the only possible answer to all the questions," she tells her son Levi.  If the questions are, "What can't possibly be how the universe came to be," then yes, it does answer it.  "Did you get to the part in here where it says that science doesn't prove anything?" she asks Levi... UGH!  And Levi says, "I believe Gallileo did the right thing by giving up science for Christ."  I must not know much about Gallileo... must do research.  I know he was persecuted by the religious folks for his science... but... well, I must research it.  ANYTHING these religious people say is suspect.

And the talking in tongues... And Levi says he was "saved" when he was 5... and that he wants to be a preacher... and the military-style dance the kids do... UGH!

Wow, so much to be sad AND angry about.  These people are bound and determined to control our country.  It's disgusting.  I WILL fight these people, tooth and nail, for a country that is free of the mind-control these people propagate.

What angers me even more is that they are procreating so much more than non-believers.  Non-believers tend to be responsible about family size and children, but these evangelicals and mormons believe it's their celestial duty to make as many kids as possible and to brainwash them as early as possible.  There are MORE of them than there are of us and there will always BE more of them than there are of us.  We can't fight that.  How do you fight an enemy that is so ignorant and can be so easily controlled?
**Kerri**

McQ

Quote from: "Willravel"Christians are frighteningly easy to control. If one came into my house, I'd have him under my thumb without too much difficulty.

I agree and would add that people, as a whole, are frighteningly easy to control. History would agree with that as well.

I love the quote: "A person is smart; people are stupid."

That's about right, unfortunately. Groups of people can be manipulated all too easily.
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

Will

Precisely. The same scripture that they're dogmatically devoted to can be used by atheists to control them. I mean if Bush just has to evoke the name of god, and pretend he's a prophet of some kind, it'd be even easier for someone who's actually read the bible. Like most atheists.

Let's be honest: the smartest Christians are atheists.
I want bad people to look forward to and celebrate the day I die, because if they don't, I'm not living up to my potential.

Whitney

I heard that Jesus Camp was told that they could no longer use their camp grounds due to people vandalizing the area after seeing the movie.

The Jesus Camp people are insane; however I don't think they reflect your average Christian American...they can be crazy; but not that crazy.

Allhailtuna

o.O
This is scary... In the second part of the 9 video series, it seems like she was saying 'We're losing the extremism propaganda battle to the Muslims! They are are enemies, now we must outdo them!'

rlrose328

Yup, that's basically what she's saying... we must fight fire with fire.  They're training kids to be warriors and we must do that, too.  We must win at all costs.  ("We" being Christians, not Americans.)

She's a looney.... but she's creating other looneys, that's the problem.
**Kerri**

LSchune

My skin felt like it was crawling, I was so much in disbelief.

I love at the beginning with the call in radio segment.  Your average everyday Christian follower even thinks these guys are fuckin' nuts  :?
Steve, I am going to fucking kick your ass when I can find it.

"I only know that people call me a feminist whenever I express sentiments that differentiate me from a doormat or a prostitute."
Rebecca West

"Whatever women do they must do twice as well as men to be thought half as good. Luckily, this is not difficult."
Charlotte Wh

Bella

Wow... Just, wow. I couldn't watch past the girl praying to get a strike at bowling. You'd think with all the intense religious stuff going on there, they'd know not to pray for selfish things like that... "Dear God, please give me a billion dollars. I'll believe in you forever!"

rlrose328

The hubby and I were just talking about that today when I was telling him what they were praying about.  It reminded me of a scrapbooking mailing list I was on once.  This gal joined a stamping company and she won a first quarter sales goal, the prize being $200 of free stamps for demo parties.

She posted to the group how wonderful she felt because godidit all, gave her customers, met her goals, sold the product.  She was his "conduit" to these people, her sales being a ministry.  I couldn't hold back.  I told her what a great job SHE had done, the sales SHE made, and the product SHE sold.  I HATE when people say that type of thing.

I was taught, way back when I was Lutheran, that you pray for strength to get the job done, patience to deal with people, fortitude to keep your tempber so you don't lose your job... you don't pray that god does the job, deals with the people and keeps your job for you.
**Kerri**