News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

The cycle

Started by bicycle, June 25, 2011, 01:39:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bicycle

Quote from: Asmodean on June 25, 2011, 09:00:41 AM
Quote from: fester30 on June 25, 2011, 08:44:38 AMas man created pudding.
...Then Satan added magic and we got ourselves TMP  :P

Quote from: bicycle]First question, Why do people believe there is no God?
Well, I, for one do not believe in god, not as you put it "believe there is no god"

What are you talking about?

It is interesting though, how you assumed that it was an active belief in wording of your question... How very christian of you...

Thanks for the snide remark lol be happy man, enlighten me

QuoteMy other question is if you don't believe in religions, is it because of what you see they do to people, or really what the people do to people?
I do not believe in gods because I do not have any half-decent reason to. I do not support organized religion because people in a flock have the combined IQ of a cucumber and the individuality of a worker ant.

Then what is atheism? not a flock of people with the same belief, that's not hypocritical...

bicycle

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on June 25, 2011, 09:10:53 AM
Yes I was created by god and Satan.
Their estrangement does trouble me.
I hope to get the folks together in the same room one day.

Then I'll lock the doors and torch it.

IDK what your talking about but that's not very positive...issues

Asmodean

Quote from: bicycle on June 25, 2011, 04:21:05 PMSo you're saying man is better than God becuase he created pudding? Theist believe God created man.. man > pudding

...And if I make a pudding with greater volume, height, depth and/or width than a man, the equasion will be man<pudding. If you are trying to have serious discussion, you should avoid using mathematical symbols like a ten year old.

Quoteokay, good point, can you define yourself? please be complete in your definition, otherwise I will not believe you exist...
At risk of sounding mildly rude, who cares whether or not you believe she - or I or anyone else for that matter - exists?

That said, here is a little definition of I: I am the sum of particles that define the body and the sum of electrochemical impulses and reactions that animate it. I believe in terms of physics, chemistry and biology, this definition is relatively good for being so short and simple.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

bicycle

Quote from: Asmodean on June 25, 2011, 04:30:08 PM
Quote from: bicycle on June 25, 2011, 04:21:05 PMSo you're saying man is better than God becuase he created pudding? Theist believe God created man.. man > pudding

...And if I make a pudding with greater volume, height, depth and/or width than a man, the equasion will be man<pudding. If you are trying to have serious discussion, you should avoid using mathematical symbols like a ten year old.

I don't know any ten year olds that use mathematical symbols but okay...

Quoteokay, good point, can you define yourself? please be complete in your definition, otherwise I will not believe you exist...
At risk of sounding mildly rude, who cares whether or not you believe she - or I or anyone else for that matter - exists?

That said, here is a little definition of I: I am the sum of particles that define the body and the sum of electrochemical impulses and reactions that animate it. I believe in terms of physics, chemistry and biology, this definition is relatively good for being so short and simple.

that's it? you don't have a name? or a place you live? your not completely defining yourself, it's actually impossible...

bicycle

so far I've heard you can't believe in something that's not completely defined and yet no one can completely define themselves...

bicycle

You guys have some weird attitudes? be happy, it's just a conversation, no need to call me a ten year old or not care about anything...it's not whether I care if you exist but rather if you care that you exist...

Asmodean

I'll try and sort this mess out...

Quote from: bicycle on June 25, 2011, 04:24:27 PMWhat are you talking about?
Implications. Your wording carries different ones to mine.

QuoteThanks for the snide remark lol be happy man, enlighten me
I neither want nor can. Enlighten yourself, if you care to. All I can do is answer you to the best of my abilities, wisdom and knowledge.

QuoteThen what is atheism? not a flock of people with the same belief, that's not hypocritical...
An atheist is a person who does not believe in the existence of any given, multiple or all deities with various degrees of conviction. It's an umbrella term, like theist is an umbrella term for someone who does believe in god(s)

Atheism is not a flock. Even religion is not. A congregation is a flock. See the difference?

Atheism is not a religion. It is not even a life philosophy, really.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Asmodean

Quote from: bicycle on June 25, 2011, 04:32:09 PM
that's it? you don't have a name? or a place you live? your not completely defining yourself, it's actually impossible...
My name does not define me any more than the letter x defines an unknown variable. It's just a name for easy reference.

My place to live is a secondary characteristic as it is outside the sum particles that are my makeup.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

bicycle

Quote from: Asmodean on June 25, 2011, 04:37:40 PM
I'll try and sort this mess out...

Quote from: bicycle on June 25, 2011, 04:24:27 PMWhat are you talking about?
Implications. Your wording carries different ones to mine.

I get that, but what is the difference between not believing in god and believing there is no god?

QuoteThanks for the snide remark lol be happy man, enlighten me
I neither want nor can. Enlighten yourself, if you care to. All I can do is answer you to the best of my abilities, wisdom and knowledge.

This is how I am enlightening myself by learning from others, I need others help obviously...

QuoteThen what is atheism? not a flock of people with the same belief, that's not hypocritical...
An atheist is a person who does not believe in the existence of any given, multiple or all deities with various degrees of conviction. It's an umbrella term, like theist is an umbrella term for someone who does believe in god(s)

Atheism is not a flock. Even religion is not. A congregation is a flock. See the difference?

Atheism is not a religion. It is not even a life philosophy, really.

but here you are on a board of atheists, how is that not a congregation?

Asmodean

Quote from: bicycle on June 25, 2011, 04:36:11 PM
You guys have some weird attitudes? be happy, it's just a conversation, no need to call me a ten year old or not care about anything...it's not whether I care if you exist but rather if you care that you exist...
I did not call you a ten year old. That line would look like this: "You are a ten year old", not like what I wrote.

Yes, I care about continuation of my existence, but I do not require you to do the same, which you have implied in your post, although not directed at me, and to which I responded from my point of view.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

bicycle

Quote from: Asmodean on June 25, 2011, 04:44:09 PM
Quote from: bicycle on June 25, 2011, 04:36:11 PM
I did not call you a ten year old. That line would look like this: "You are a ten year old", not like what I wrote.

Yes, I care about continuation of my existence, but I do not require you to do the same, which you have implied in your post, although not directed at me, and to which I responded from my point of view.

lol okay thanks...I guess it only matters what I hear not what you say, from my point of view, the only thing I implied by "rather you care if you exist," is that you said, "who cares..." that was my response.

Asmodean

Quote from: bicycle on June 25, 2011, 04:42:07 PMI get that, but what is the difference between not believing in god and believing there is no god?
Explained. Try looking through my posts in your threads.

QuoteThis is how I am enlightening myself by learning from others, I need others help obviously...
I can offer you some help, sure, but what to do with the information I or others give you is up to you to decide. Thus, we can not enlighten you, but yes, we can help you enlighten yourself.

Quotebut here you are on a board of atheists, how is that not a congregation?
Oh, we may well be a flock. We are, in certain ways. And yes, many of us are atheists, but we are a flock because we are participating in the same discussion club - not because we have a collective opinion. That, we do not.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

bicycle

Quote from: Asmodean on June 25, 2011, 04:40:17 PM
Quote from: bicycle on June 25, 2011, 04:32:09 PM
My name does not define me any more than the letter x defines an unknown variable. It's just a name for easy reference.

My place to live is a secondary characteristic as it is outside the sum particles that are my makeup.

That's my point, you can't comletely define yourself, like you said you can't believe in something that's not completely defined...

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: bicycle on June 25, 2011, 04:25:41 PM

IDK what your talking about but that's not very positive...issues

I've heard of people who have lost people close to them, perhaps through suicide, their loved ones fate is eternal torture.  Some caring types find this hard to live with.  Jesus, Thor Zeus, Satan, I think where better off without all of em.

bicycle

Quote from: Asmodean on June 25, 2011, 04:47:58 PM
Quote from: bicycle on June 25, 2011, 04:42:07 PMI get that, but what is the difference between not believing in god and believing there is no god?
Explained. Try looking through my posts in your threads.

I didn't find anything...

QuoteThis is how I am enlightening myself by learning from others, I need others help obviously...
I can offer you some help, sure, but what to do with the information I or others give you is up to you to decide. Thus, we can not enlighten you, but yes, we can help you enlighten yourself.

Quotebut here you are on a board of atheists, how is that not a congregation?
Oh, we may well be a flock. We are, in certain ways. And yes, many of us are atheists, but we are a flock because we are participating in the same discussion club - not because we have a collective opinion. That, we do not.

neither do people who believe in god.