News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

Characters that annoy you

Started by Illbethewriter, June 11, 2011, 11:30:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Illbethewriter

Is it just me or is Jenny an absolute b*tch to Forrest Gump? I'm watching it now and just wishing he would just give her a knuckle sandwich. There are soooo many films I watch where the characters annoy me. Which characters REALLY grind you - in films, books, tv programmes or otherwise?
"On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives [...] on a mote of dust suspended on a sunbeam." - Carl Sagan

The Magic Pudding

I don't like it when the stargate people go to a new planet with their guns pointing at everyone.
They don't seem to say hey this is a nice place and leave them hanging on a tree, if they're asked to leave them behind it's a deeply suspect request that bodes ill. Can you imagine aliens arriving and sticking automatic machine guns in your face?  What happens if they trip or something?

Cecilie

Bella from the Twilight saga is a pretty obvious choice. For being a main character, she is very dull. Also, Gollum from Lord Of The Rings.
The world's what you create.

original_gender

Every sitcom wife. Beyoncé Knowles. Bertram from Family Guy. Robin Williams in Mrs. Doubtfire. Johnny Depp in Alice in Wonderland. Carrie Bradshaw. Any "hot chick" character in any college comedy. The Boondock Saints. The oxygen that Jeff Dunham breathes.

I could spend my weekend responding to this prompt.

Asmodean

All James Bond villains for being completely incompetent fools.

Cadsuane (Wheel of Time) for being an utter b*tch who deserves to die screaming than be revived only to die screaming again. And again and again...

The Goa'uld of Stargate SG1 for being utterly and hopelessly incompetent fools.

Most patients in House M.D

The entire cast of that first Narnia movie, may it die of smallpox

Dana Scully of the X-Files for being a hypocrite

The list goes on and on and on... You see, annoying myself while watching or reading stuff is one of my most beloved hobbies.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Tank

The assistants in Dr Who who are all just there so the Dr has somebody to explain the plot too!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

Jar Jar Binks.

Gotta be the most annoying movie character ever.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Tank

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on June 13, 2011, 08:31:06 AM
Jar Jar Binks.

I totally agree. My mind had rebelled at the thought of Ja Ja Binks!!!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Asmodean

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on June 13, 2011, 08:31:06 AM
Jar Jar Binks.

That whole race is annoying. They have forcefield tech and blue and explosive EMP-or-something whatevers, but they pretty much ride horses and use slings... Oh! And the kid from that movie with the kid in it... It would please me to see his guts decorate someone's spaceship.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Jabbles

Debra Morgan, on Dexter, I simply can't stand her.
Pretty much all of Walter White's family including in-laws. Unlike Debra though I don't think we are really supposed to like them.

original_gender

Quote from: Jabbles on June 14, 2011, 01:22:51 AM
Debra Morgan, on Dexter, I simply can't stand her.

Oh god, she is just awful.

Shy

I love Forrest Gump, but despise Jenny with a passion also. Watching Twilight I wish Edward or Jacob would kill Bella, rip her stupid little head off! (Cause she is a lame character, not cause I have the hots for the guys! lol)

Movies where a girl is running from the killer and trips, then he ends up getting her. (to many to name)
AND movies where people split up to find "help". (again, to many to name)

Tom62

Leonardo DiCaprio as Jack Dawson in Titanic. Any role ever played by Hugh Grant. Any "cute" child in an American sitcom and everyone on Asmodean and original_gender's lists.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

hismikeness

Uncle Leo from Seinfeld: "Jerry, Hellooooooo."
Bill O'Reilly.
Wilson from House
No churches have free wifi because they don't want to compete with an invisible force that works.

When the alien invasion does indeed happen, if everyone would just go out into the streets & inexpertly play the flute, they'll just go. -@UncleDynamite

Jabbles

Quote from: hismikeness on June 15, 2011, 10:15:18 PM
Uncle Leo from Seinfeld: "Jerry, Hellooooooo."
Bill O'Reilly.
Wilson from House

Now that you mention it, Wilson is pretty annoying.