News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Photography, photos you took, photos you are in, photos you like, the lot!

Started by Tank, June 07, 2011, 07:46:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jumbojak

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

jumbojak

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Bad Penny II

Take my advice, don't listen to me.

jumbojak

hermes2015

Quote from: jumbojak on May 30, 2019, 04:08:57 PM
I'm a lot uglier than that fly.

Don't worry about that. To quote Dorothy Parker:

"Beauty is only skin deep, but ugly goes clean to the bone."
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

jumbojak

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

hermes2015

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

jumbojak

Quote from: Tank on June 02, 2019, 10:39:57 AM
Bloody brilliant!

Thank you.
Quote from: hermes2015 on June 02, 2019, 12:25:12 PM
Does that red car belong to you?

No, I made it the the gas and steam engine show after all. There wasn't too much to see there. It has shrunk over the years since I last went.

Dark Lightning

Cool pix! That tractor has the oldest power takeoff setup ever! Man, one had better be aware of one's surroundings, working near that. That belt could get you any time!

jumbojak

One nice thing about flat belts is that they tend to slip off whenever they bind up. They don't transmit a lot of power but they are relatively safe compared to vbelts.

jumbojak

hermes2015

The second one is beautifully sharp. I am now inspired to try similar shots.

The first one would benefit from focus stacking.
― Charles Eames

hermes2015

I saw this couple when I went out at sunrise this morning to take some photos of buildings in my area of the city.

― Charles Eames

hermes2015

― Charles Eames