News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Photography, photos you took, photos you are in, photos you like, the lot!

Started by Tank, June 07, 2011, 07:46:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billy rubin

set the function, not the mechanism.

The Magic Pudding..

If you suffer from cosmic vertigo, don't look.

Icarus

Those things are called Wooly Boogers.  They are dangerous
Explanation................

Man has a physically abusive wife. She beats him up for the slightest of reasons or no reason at all.
He goes to pet shop to buy a Dobeman or Rottweiler for protection.
Pet shop had neither of those dogs
Pet shop person said come into the back room and I will show you a different sort of protective animal. it is called a Wooly booger.
Abused man says:what can that thing do?
Pet guy says let me show you. He puts some newspaper in the cage.
Then he says "Wooly Booger, newspaper". Critter flies into an unbridled rage and rips the newspaper into tiny threads while it growls menacingly.
Abused man asks; can he do other things?
Pet guy puts some large pieces of wood into the cage and says; Wooly booger Wood!.
Sure enough the animal instantly rips the wood into toothpics and sawdust. that thing is vicious.
Man takes it home. Wife demands to know what it is, and why he has it.
He tells her it is a Wooly Booger.
She has never heard of such a thing. She loudly and sarcastically shouts: Woolly Booger my ass.

Tank

Quote from: billy rubin on October 19, 2023, 10:54:50 PMshitfire the bug images are good.

It was coldish in the morning so the dragonfly was sitting in the sun warming up. It finally flinched when the camera was a couple of inches away. For the Ladybird I could brace my hand on the tree and keep the camera still. The cacti showed no signs of moving. :D
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Tank

"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Tank

Quote from: Icarus on October 20, 2023, 01:56:09 AMThose things are called Wooly Boogers.  ...

They look fluffy but when you get close up they have vicious spines!

Tank

Tank

Asmodean

Quote from: Tank on October 20, 2023, 09:09:21 AM
Quote from: The Magic Pudding.. on October 20, 2023, 12:13:48 AM
Quote from: Tank on October 19, 2023, 08:46:44 PMCousin It and family!

Do they move much when you're not looking?

No, not that I noticed. :D
All an infantile The Asmo has to say, is that if you happen to wake up looking like that... Seek medical help. :smilenod:
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Tank

The Magic Pudding..

Asmodean

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Dark Lightning

Tank

The Magic Pudding..

Yamba Beach, a few hours equatorward from home.

I didn't bother to downsize them before posting to imgur, I did crop them to 4K.
So you could do the open image in new browser tab and F11 full screen it, if you were so inclined.