News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

Sickening black market

Started by Sweetdeath, June 05, 2011, 06:23:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sweetdeath

I don't know... I like to stay informed about current events world wide, but this is difficult to swallow.

I don't know..how this world could be so evil, yet people will pester and preach to me. My girlfriend is Chinese, and I love her very much. I just want to hug her extra tight after reading this.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-486083/Babies-sale-The-scandal-Chinas-brutal-single-child-policy.html
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Tank

Heartbreaking result of the only country on earth attempting tackle the issue over over population. A particularly toxic mix of history and culture.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Asmodean

Regardless of this and a few other related issues, I, for one, applaude the Chinese government for enforcing the one-child policy. There are too many humans around as it is...
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

The Magic Pudding

Allowing a population to grow and then letting starvation do it's work is worse.
The option of taking some one else's country for expansion, such as Tibet isn't very admirable either.

Asmodean

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on June 05, 2011, 10:47:36 AMThe option of taking some one else's country for expansion, such as Tibet isn't very admirable either.
They all do it or have done it in the past. The USA, France, Germany, England, China, Russia, Israel, may it get hit by a meteor... Even the Scandinavian vikings, if you go back far enough. Someone was, is, and always will be trying to annex or conquer his neighbour. Something to do with green grass and other sides, or so I hear.

Maybe it is not admirable, but it's very common... Humans are not an admirable race after all.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Sweetdeath

Quote from: Asmodean on June 05, 2011, 10:36:14 AM
Regardless of this and a few other related issues, I, for one, applaude the Chinese government for enforcing the one-child policy. There are too many humans around as it is...
The one child policy may seem like a good idea. I for one think no one -needs- more than two children, but China is a bubble dome culture, living with Arcaic susperstitions. The idea of aborting a child because it is female is beyond inhuman. They want male children to care for them when they are elderly? Wtf?

This goes back to China basically having NO retirement plans for people unable to work after a certain age, or due to injury.

The aborting of a child due to its gender is cgerry picking genocide. As a result, there are fewer and fewer females within the country to reproduce with. Not counting chinese women leaving the country to be with a non asian. That country is insane. Yes, they have a long hisyory, bleh bleh. As a people and society, they have yet to evolve....

Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Tank

Have you considered that with such a shortage of females that they would be more valued? I realise this is zero recompense for the girls never born in the first place.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Will37

'Out of a great number of suppositions, shrewd in their own way, one in particular emerged at last (one feels strange even mentioning it): whether Chichikov were not Napoleon in disguise'
Nikolai Gogol--> Dead Souls

'Коба, зачем тебе нужна моя смерть?'
Николай Иванович Бухарин-->Letter to Stalin

'Death is not an event in life: we do not live to exp

Sweetdeath

Um, okay.  :-\
I think you just missed the entirety of my post, Will.

ThinkAnarchy

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on June 05, 2011, 10:47:36 AM
Allowing a population to grow and then letting starvation do it's work is worse.

I'm going to leave this one alone, but just want it stated on the record, I completely disagree with you. My blood is already starting to boil, so I really don't feel like arguing this right now.

I will say this however, since my fingers keep moving. It is not a governments place to "control" the birthrate.
"He that displays too often his wife and his wallet is in danger of having both of them borrowed." -Ben Franklin

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -credited to Franklin, but not sure.

Sweetdeath

Stevil

For people who like communism, this is a great example of how bad it can be.
The individual is forsaken and the community is everything.
You are expected to sacrifice yourself and your family for the greater good.

Sweetdeath

I honestly don't think this is because of communism. I mean, sure, the Chinese gov is communist, but I seriously think China's problem is more Nationalism and old superstitions that aren't left behind. If you ever met a chinese family (even in America) they have an extremely difficult time assimilating. I have a lot of chinese friends who won't date another race because of cultural issues.

I mean, Cuba is communist (right?)   Only China has the one child policy, and it has been that way forever.  It's sad, but even when some people leave China, they are not sure how to live. (i said some.)

The Magic Pudding

So China with a glorious past didn't enter the twentieth century on a high.
And our pushing opium on them was no excuse for them to embrace that Satan inspired communism, if they had agreed to buy our stuff we wouldn't have had to send the gun boats in.  Ye, so they copped a bit of stick during WWII, and there was no Marshal plan for them, but stuff 'em, they are cruel and we are pure.

As a descendant of Europe's excess population inhabiting a stolen continent, I see criticism of the one child policy and the appeal to human rights as hypocritical.  

I don't automatically trust a Brittish tabloid as truth.  

Quote from: Sweetdeath on June 05, 2011, 06:23:37 AM

I don't know..how this world could be so evil,

Ye it hurts some times.  I've been thinking I don't don't like the tooth and claw arrangement.  I tried watching those beautiful wildlife shows with my daughters, but cute animals are always getting killed by the fierce ones.  But that's the way god made it, the herbivores have to live in constant, constant, constant fear, watch their young fall to predators, and suffer the same themselves if they have an off day.

How else do you keep populations increasing and destroying their habitat?  
I thought well you give them antelopes a brain, they'll find some contraceptive plant to eat and lions will no longer be needed.  Sorry cats, but that wasn't a very nice niche you were filling, maybe we can teach you to grow some lab meat.

Birds, fish, reptiles, mammals large and small are no more or are now threatened by us.  
Some wise folk say we can become the mind of the earth, not in a mystical dance naked in the moonlight way, not necessarily anyway.  And then there is the we are a disease destroying beauty everywhere viewpoint.

Have you seen the aerial view of those old African volcanoes where the gorillas live, besieged by humans?

Sweetdeath

@The most  awesome magic pudding: No, I haven't seen that. ;; aw, yeah, I always think about the whole circle of life. I'm a vegitarian, because I know if I had to kill an animal survive, i'd starve. XD

It boggles me how there are animals like lions who just eat and sleep and don't contribute. At least bees do something! Lol It would be nice if no animal had to kill ;;...