When did you last break the law and how?

Started by Willow, June 01, 2011, 12:57:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willow

I cycled on the pavement to avoid the temporary one way system on the way to college this morning.

hismikeness

I'm sure I broke the speed limit this morning at some point on the way to work. Also, last night I torched some herb.
No churches have free wifi because they don't want to compete with an invisible force that works.

When the alien invasion does indeed happen, if everyone would just go out into the streets & inexpertly play the flute, they'll just go. -@UncleDynamite

Whitney

Although I'm generally a 'grandma' driver I didn't stay within the speed limit yesterday because I wanted to shave some time off my 3.5 hour drive.

fester30

I can't really tell anybody about the last time I broke the law, because I'm pretty sure the statute of limitations has not yet passed.  However, I did cross the center yellow line of the highway yesterday.  It was a no-passing zone, I wasn't passing anybody, and the roadway was actually pretty empty in my vicinity.  I crossed the line just because I felt like driving on a wider road.  I felt a bit like royalty.

AnimatedDirt

I drive a really bad looking Mazda with a paint scheme I endearingly call, "Urban Theft Deterrant".  I was pulled over and approached by two officers as though they had reason to believe I was of some kind of danger (more than the normal precautions)  They ended up letting me go on a verbal warning.  I think they pulled me over simply because of my car looking a bit disheveled.

Stevil

Quote from: AnimatedDirt on June 01, 2011, 07:44:59 PM
I drive a really bad looking Mazda with a paint scheme I endearingly call, "Urban Theft Deterrant".  I was pulled over and approached by two officers as though they had reason to believe I was of some kind of danger (more than the normal precautions)  They ended up letting me go on a verbal warning.  I think they pulled me over simply because of my car looking a bit disheveled.
So, you have never broken any laws?
I could imagine how your story would go if you were black. Pulled over for no reason.... it would have looked suspiciously racist by the police.

I have had a couple of speeding tickets.

hismikeness

Quote from: fester30 on June 01, 2011, 06:19:35 PM
I can't really tell anybody about the last time I broke the law, because I'm pretty sure the statute of limitations has not yet passed.  However, I did cross the center yellow line of the highway yesterday.  It was a no-passing zone, I wasn't passing anybody, and the roadway was actually pretty empty in my vicinity.  I crossed the line just because I felt like driving on a wider road.  I felt a bit like royalty.

Like my dad used to say- you are paying taxes for both sides of the road...
No churches have free wifi because they don't want to compete with an invisible force that works.

When the alien invasion does indeed happen, if everyone would just go out into the streets & inexpertly play the flute, they'll just go. -@UncleDynamite

AnimatedDirt

Quote from: Stevil on June 01, 2011, 08:23:02 PM
So, you have never broken any laws?

I'm constantly speeding.  As far as breaking laws...other than vehicular laws, I can't think of any laws off the top of my head that I break with regularity.  As a high school kid, I broke drinking and smoking laws...

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: fester30 on June 01, 2011, 06:19:35 PM

You would feel right at home here in the deep Brazilian south...
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Sweetdeath

I bought a cookie last week, and the girl accidentally gave me two.  In my defense, the two choco chip cookies melted together to become one super cookie!  No, there was no returning them even if I wanted to.  :-\
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Will

Oral sex is legally prohibited in San Francisco, last I checked, so I'm expecting SWAT to kick down my door any moment because I must be on their 10 Most Wanted list.  8)
I want bad people to look forward to and celebrate the day I die, because if they don't, I'm not living up to my potential.

The Magic Pudding

I've been known to ride my push-bike without a standards association approved helmet.
Sometimes when leaving the petrol station to park in the parking lot I don't put my seat belt on.
I know I'm a villain, but I can't help it.  It's an hereditary thing, I'm descended from bread stealers and handkerchief thieves.

Sweetdeath

Quote from: Will on June 02, 2011, 05:19:42 AM
Oral sex is legally prohibited in San Francisco, last I checked, so I'm expecting SWAT to kick down my door any moment because I must be on their 10 Most Wanted list.  8)
Seriously? In public or just in general? O__o
Because i don't understand how my private  bedroom sex is anyone's business.
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Gawen

Is this the last time I broke the law or the last time I broke the law and got caught?
The essence of the mind is not in what it thinks, but how it thinks. Faith is the surrender of our mind; of reason and our skepticism to put all our trust or faith in someone or something that has no good evidence of itself. That is a sinister thing to me. Of all the supposed virtues, faith is not.
"When you fall, I will be there" - Floor

Asmodean

;D

Lemme see...

Drove around with the road tax unpaid - that can pretty much get you a hanging where I'm from...
Threw a high-on-who-knows-what beggar into a wall
Stole my neighbour's newspaper
...Something. All within a day last week.

Asmodean, he should be locked up, yes?  :D
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.