News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

New member: happy to be here~

Started by Sweetdeath, May 26, 2011, 10:18:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sweetdeath

Anyone who likes The Runaways and Bowie is a cool person! XD

Oh hey, you're my 50th post :D
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Cecilie

The world's what you create.

Maria

leedan

Hello sweetdeath and welcome,
It feels like a breath of fresh air when you can hang with like minded people.

Sweetdeath

Oh, I agree, leedan.  Hope you reach 50 soon, so you can explore more of the site. <3

Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Tank

In my case I started hanging around forums so I could interact with theists! In the last 5 years I have had my fill of them. I have met polite ones, rude ones, stupid and intelligent ones. But not a single one of them has written a single thing to make me change my world view, in fact quite the opposite. The stunning twisting of 'logic', the blind assertions of 'faith' and the denial of reality have all illustrated to me that theism is an outdated world view that may have had value in the past but does more harm than good now.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Sweetdeath

@Tank:   You're so awesome :D

To me, personally, religion is like marriage: outdated. I think that the definition of marriage has changed dramatically in the last century.
People should marry for love now, not because of pregancy (well, thats fine too, as long as you do love eachother.)
Back in the day, women were married off for polictical reasons (to save a king's country and whatnot.)
I never believed in the "sanctity" of it, especially with VEGAS 1hour to go marriage. I think two humans should do it, whatever. It shouldn't affect their or taxes or even make someone a citizen. Marriage should be simple, personal, and about love between two human beings- no matter the sexual orientation.

Sorry about that mini rant.
As for religion, people can still practice it, but it shouldn't make its way into MY PERSONAL LIFE OR POLITICS. Ugh.

leedan

Hi Sweetdeath,
I'm still trying to get my 50. Can you help?

Sweetdeath

Sure, leedan. What do you want to talk about? :D

Tank

Quote from: Sweetdeath on June 17, 2011, 08:01:00 PM
Sure, leedan. What do you want to talk about? :D
Well we could try 4x4 Toyotas, I'm sure that would get a response!  :P
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

leedan

I would like to say hooray for everyday!  :D

leedan

[/quote]
Well we could try 4x4 Toyotas, I'm sure that would get a response!  :P
[/quote]
Yotas are great but I prefer the jeep platform. There's plenty of em, parts are cheap, and always wheedles a tinkering out of me.

Tank

Never heard he term 'Yotas' before. Over here the purist 4x4 mob are dedicated to Land Rovers or various ages and types.

Asmodean

Quote from: Tank on May 26, 2011, 10:31:42 PMWho old are you now?
How does one measure age in whos..? I'm 1/3 of the Queen old..?  :P

Welcome to HAF!
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: Asmodean on June 18, 2011, 11:40:39 AM
Quote from: Tank on May 26, 2011, 10:31:42 PMWho old are you now?
How does one measure age in whos..? I'm 1/3 of the Queen old..?  :P

Welcome to HAF!

I'd abandon that fractional method of measuring age if I was you, that way lays deep depression.
A child on their first birthday might be one twenty fifth of a parent's age.
Twenty five years later they are half their age (ye, OK 52%).