News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Hello I'm New

Started by Willow, May 26, 2011, 12:27:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willow

Hello.  I'm Willow from Manchester.
I have joined the forum because I'm tired of the isolation of being an atheist among a friendly Christian community.
Questioning everything and making up my own mind according to debate and research is hard work and I can see the comfort in obedience, but for the fact that it is irresponsible to just take the word of any one person or source without question.
I'm also a parent of two small children, and have the opinion that they didn't ask to be born and that I have a duty to them, but the reverse is not true.
Hello.
Willow.

Maria

Hello Willow.

Welcome to HAF.

The Black Jester

The Black Jester

"Religion is institutionalised superstition, science is institutionalised curiosity." - Tank

"Confederation of the dispossessed,
Fearing neither god nor master." - Killing Joke

http://theblackjester.wordpress.com

Tank

Hi Willow

Would that be Manchester England?

I happen to live in Leeds, England.

Welcome to HAF, Texas.

Regards
Chris
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

The Magic Pudding

Willow

yes.  Manchester England.

Tank

Quote from: Willow on May 27, 2011, 10:27:10 AM
yes.  Manchester England.

Waves across the Pennines  ;D
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

leedan

Hello Willow from the USA.

ThinkAnarchy

Welcome from across the pond. I dislike friendly Christian communities because I can't be an asshole towards nice people, sometimes I simply enjoy being an asshole.
"He that displays too often his wife and his wallet is in danger of having both of them borrowed." -Ben Franklin

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -credited to Franklin, but not sure.

Willow

Quote from: ThinkAnarchy on June 06, 2011, 04:51:40 AM
Welcome from across the pond. I dislike friendly Christian communities because I can't be an asshole towards nice people, sometimes I simply enjoy being an asshole.
It can be hard to find someone to talk to about the challenges of atheism.  Questioning everything is tough sometimes and you have to do a hell of a lot of research.  I think of religion, particularly the church going friendly, moderate C of E peeps around here, as being a lazy option.  Obedience and conformity don't require the same self reliance.
I do have some fellow atheists I see in the pub, but I guess I'm here because I could do with a bit more fellowship.

Shy

Hi Willow. I am living in a small community of hardcore christians who I also feel isolated around. Matter as fact, they have a campground (Rock Springs Campground, Google it to see with what I deal with here) where they get together every year at the only outlet to my neighborhood, for two weeks! They pay more for those "tents" (more like shacks) then some pay for homes! Anyways, being an outcast in the Bible Belt has brought me to this site, and I wanted to say "Hi".

Crow

Hi Willow,

I'm also based in Manchester.
Retired member.

bicycle

Hey man do you like manchester united? lol