News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Interactive Painting Thread

Started by original_gender, May 18, 2011, 12:44:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

original_gender

Edit (5/27/11): Anyone with even a pinch of artistic inclination is welcome to enrich this thread with their own interpretations of the suggestions posted here. If enough people start participating, maybe we'll end up with our own version of "DrawerGeeks!". I always thought that project was lacking something; maybe our flagrant irreverence for religion will take their good idea and make it a little more interesting.

I recently did a project involving Craigslist that I think went well, and I'd like to replicate the concept here. The only difference is, I think there is probably enough intelligence among us that we can come up with more interesting content than just portraiture (so please, no portrait requests).

Here is the game:

Tell me what to paint. I probably won't be able to keep up with every suggestion, so I will be gravitating towards ideas that I haven't already seen in some form or another – absurd is good, but keep in mind I will only be able to post images that are safe for work in order to comply with the forum rules. I would prefer to avoid rendering trademarked material, but I will remain open minded. If I don't paint your idea, it doesn't necessarily mean that I don't like it.

Examples:

- Barry Manilow being dissected by a dolphin wearing a lab coat.
- Jesus being offered a can of generic brand lemon lime soda by kindhearted Romans.
- Aliens attempting to play cats cradle with a domestic cat.
- A group of ecstatic children playing in rainbow colored radioactive fluid.

I probably won't do anything conspicuously political, because I don't care for political artwork.

Let's have some fun!

Whitney

The FoF fish walking out of the ocean onto land snacking on religion found laying on the shore.

btw, if you are so inclined you can post links to NSFW images as long as they are clearly labeled as such; they just can't be imbedded into the forum (intent is to make the forum as work safe as possible, not to bar stuff entirely that would be inappropriate for work)

PapistItalian16

How about a picture of God smacking an evolutionist so hard, it turns him back into a monkey?
River: (speaking about the Bible) "It's broken. It doesn't make sense."
Shepherd Book: "It's not about making sense. It's about believing in something, and letting that belief be real enough to change your life. It's about faith. You don't fix faith, River. It fixes you."

-- Firefly.

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: PapistItalian16 on May 18, 2011, 01:38:32 AM
How about a picture of God smacking an evolutionist so hard, it turns him back into a monkey?

Could just give him a lobotomy.

original_gender

Quote from: Whitney on May 18, 2011, 01:04:48 AM
The FoF fish walking out of the ocean onto land snacking on religion found laying on the shore.

I'm not entirely sure what a FoF fish is, so you'll have to pardon me if I am completely off in my depiction (I made an educated guess). Also, I added a little yellow bird friend and gave him a sweet muscly arm like Trogdor. I wasn't sure how to personify religion, so I just took the opportunity to pick on Jesus. Other than that, you are the brains behind this nonsense.  :)

Quote from: Whitney on May 18, 2011, 01:04:48 AM
btw, if you are so inclined you can post links to NSFW images as long as they are clearly labeled as such; they just can't be imbedded into the forum (intent is to make the forum as work safe as possible, not to bar stuff entirely that would be inappropriate for work)

Thank you, I will keep that in mind.

I'm really excited for you. Having an apostasy is like discovering the taste of oxygen. Stick to it pal, and remember: if there really is a God, reading a book or two to develop a familiarity with the reasoning of his enemies will only strengthen your faith.

Cecilie

Ha! That is awesome! I now know what HAF has been missing all this time.
The world's what you create.

The Magic Pudding

Very good, Jesus hates it when he is portrayed with dark hair.
Yellow and blue works so well together, it must be right.
Yellow tail, blue fish body, yellow Jesus, divine symmetry.

I probably should have said repetition, but I don't think you can have divine repetition.
Although there is that stand up, sit down, kneel, stand up, sit down, kneel, stand up, sit down, kneel, stand up, sit down, kneel, stand up, sit down, kneel, stand up, sit down, kneel, stand up, sit down, kneel, stand up, sit down, kneel...

Whitney

sorry, I should have said Haf fish (I'm in too many groups)...love the picture; very talented.

original_gender

Thanks, guys. I resized the image, so if it was being cropped because of the resolution of your monitor (it was on this computer), just hit refresh.

What am I painting tonight? This is fun.

Crow

oooo good thread.

I would like to see a literal interpretation of a quote from an earlier post of yours (in another thread) which goes "we are the mold growing in the universe's neglected coffee filter".
Retired member.

original_gender

Quote from: Crow on May 19, 2011, 12:07:30 AM
oooo good thread.

I would like to see a literal interpretation of a quote from an earlier post of yours (in another thread) which goes "we are the mold growing in the universe's neglected coffee filter".

I have to tell you, I very much enjoyed being quoted. So, thank you. Here is your painting:

I tried to be as literal as possible (per your request), but then my poor cat came floating into the scene sporting a bottle of booze (purr his request) – so I thought, eh, let's spice things up with an extraterrestrial dinosaur.

Tank

These pictures are brilliant I really, really love them!

Do you earn a living in a creative environment?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

PapistItalian16

Quote from: original_gender on May 18, 2011, 04:49:55 AM

I'm really excited for you. Having an apostasy is like discovering the taste of oxygen. Stick to it pal, and remember: if there really is a God, reading a book or two to develop a familiarity with the reasoning of his enemies will only strengthen your faith.

I'm having an apostasy?
Shepherd Book: "It's not about making sense. It's about believing in something, and letting that belief be real enough to change your life. It's about faith. You don't fix faith, River. It fixes you."

-- Firefly.

original_gender

Quote from: Tank on May 19, 2011, 08:02:46 AM
These pictures are brilliant I really, really love them!

Do you earn a living in a creative environment?

Thank you, I'm glad you like them. I'm having a lot of fun with these.

To answer your question, I do graphic work for an an auction house (billboards, marketing materials, photography, et cetera). I supported myself selling paintings for three or four years after high school but the necessity of making sales really took the fun out of it.

Edit:

Quote from: PapistItalian16 on May 19, 2011, 06:25:36 PM
I'm having an apostasy?

I was a stubborn sixteen-year-old evangelical on an atheist forum when I had mine. ;)

PapistItalian16

Quote from: original_gender on May 19, 2011, 07:55:16 PM

Quote from: PapistItalian16 on May 19, 2011, 06:25:36 PM
I'm having an apostasy?

I was a stubborn sixteen-year-old evangelical on an atheist forum when I had mine. ;)

hahaha.

But it ain't gonna happen.

-- Firefly.