News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Hello

Started by amppax, May 05, 2011, 10:55:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amppax

Hi everybody!

I'm Alex, and I have also come over from phatmass, along with several others. I'm 19, I'm a high school senior, and a former atheist/agnostic. I'm now Catholic.

Hopefully we can have some interesting discussions in the future!

xSilverPhinx

Welcome Alex!

Another convert to theism? Those sort of things interest me, so I hope you stick around :)
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Cecilie

The world's what you create.

The Black Jester

The Black Jester

"Religion is institutionalised superstition, science is institutionalised curiosity." - Tank

"Confederation of the dispossessed,
Fearing neither god nor master." - Killing Joke

http://theblackjester.wordpress.com

amppax

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on May 05, 2011, 11:12:50 PM
Welcome Alex!

Another convert to theism? Those sort of things interest me, so I hope you stick around :)

Will do  ;)

Tank

Hi amppex

Welcome to HAF

Regards
Chris
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Maria

Hello Alex.
The Catholics are invading us. Is this a declaration of war? Soon they'll be demanding that the forum should be renamed 'Happy Catholics.'
Just kidding. Welcome to HAF.

Maria.

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: Maria on May 06, 2011, 09:56:14 AM
Soon they'll be demanding that the forum should be renamed 'Happy Catholics.

A happy small c catholic forum would be OK.
My house contains three Catholics and me. They don't feel obliged to take the pope seriously though.
Welcome amppax

MasonG

Welcome to HAF[:

amppax

Hello Alex.
The Catholics are invading us. Is this a declaration of war? Soon they'll be demanding that the forum should be renamed 'Happy Catholics.'

Maria.

Hey no sorry, i just came over because I truly haven't met many atheists, and decided to find out what y'all were about.

Maria

Quote from: amppax on May 06, 2011, 04:58:07 PM
Hello Alex.

Maria.

Hey no sorry, i just came over because I truly haven't met many atheists, and decided to find out what y'all were about.
We atheists are evil. We have no morals. I used to have horns sticking out of my head but I had them surgically removed. They were such a nuisance; especially when I went to the hairdressers. And wearing a hat was out of the question.

The Black Jester

Quote from: Maria on May 06, 2011, 06:50:51 PM
Hello Alex.

Maria.

We atheists are evil. We have no morals. I used to have horns sticking out of my head but I had them surgically removed. They were such a nuisance; especially when I went to the hairdressers. And wearing a hat was out of the question.

We also worship the devil.  Even though we don't believe in him.  Total Satan-worshippers.  AND we're pinko-commies.
The Black Jester

"Religion is institutionalised superstition, science is institutionalised curiosity." - Tank

"Confederation of the dispossessed,
Fearing neither god nor master." - Killing Joke

http://theblackjester.wordpress.com

amppax

Yep that's what they taught in my Catholic grade school ;D. I thought i'd come by and debunk that, but i guess not ???

Maria

Quote from: amppax on May 06, 2011, 07:23:00 PM

Yep that's what they taught in my Catholic grade school ;D. I thought i'd come by and debunk that, but i guess not ???
They taught you well. We atheists are beyond the pale. We're a bunch of hedonists. You would be wise to avoid us, we're a bad influence  ;D

Stevil

Hello Amppax

I really do hope that some of your preconceived perceptions are changed (for the better, not the worse) on this site. That way at least your visit to HAF has provided value and improved your view of Atheists. Not that you have a bad view, but it is always good to discover something new.

BTW don't listen to Maria, we're not all Satanists, I hardly ever talk to Satan these days, not that I'm angry with him, just lost touch.