News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Hello Everyone, Newbie here :D

Started by Lizarda, May 02, 2011, 08:28:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lizarda

Quote from: Maria on May 03, 2011, 02:26:59 PM
Hello Anthony.

Welcome to HAF. I was very moved by your story, I'm very sorry for your loss. I hope you enjoy it here.

Maria.

Thank you dear, i see you have a Manchester football team logo behind you too, if thats what i see lol
"was it a big bang, or was there nothing else to drown out the noise" - Karl Pilkington

Lizarda

Quote from: Zvezdichko on May 03, 2011, 02:52:28 PM
Agreed... I wonder how people can call God loving when even their sacred texts prove he's not loving

it's because most don't read their Bible, they just label themselves a certain category and think they will be safe lol
"was it a big bang, or was there nothing else to drown out the noise" - Karl Pilkington

Maria

Quote from: Lizarda on May 03, 2011, 02:52:44 PM
Hello Anthony.

Welcome to HAF. I was very moved by your story, I'm very sorry for your loss. I hope you enjoy it here.

Maria.

Thank you dear, i see you have a Manchester football team logo behind you too, if thats what i see lol
Yes it is. I use that photo in a Christian forum too. The Red Devil gets the god-botherers all excited ;D. Most of them are Americans and aren't familiar with the Manchester United emblem.

Lizarda

Quote from: Maria on May 03, 2011, 04:03:29 PM
Quote from: Lizarda on May 03, 2011, 02:52:44 PM

Yes it is. I use that photo in a Christian forum too. The Red Devil gets the god-botherers all excited ;D. Most of them are Americans and aren't familiar with the Manchester United emblem.

yeah, that's why i love that logo, even though i'm not a fan of football, and its especially an interesting image to use for people who aren't aware of Man United

PHEW!! I'm well relieved now, iv just handed in a whole years Contextual Study file at Uni, i don't feel i'l get a high grade though to be quite honest lol

Ihateyoumike

Prayers that need no answer now, cause I'm tired of who I am
You were my greatest mistake, I fell in love with your sin
Your littlest sin.

Norbie

Oh Hi Anthony (Lizarda)!  I just said hi to you in my post above and now have worked my way down the list and found you here.  Welcome!  Welcome!  What a sad story that you have survived~ but I'm glad that you had the strength to be yourself, and to find your art to be a way to cope.  I'd love to see some of your art.  What kind do you do?  Do you have any images you can attach here for us to see? 

I'm looking forward to getting to know you.  Peace, Kim (Norbie)

Lizarda

Quote from: Norbie on May 03, 2011, 09:57:14 PM
Oh Hi Anthony (Lizarda)!  I just said hi to you in my post above and now have worked my way down the list and found you here.  Welcome!  Welcome!  What a sad story that you have survived~ but I'm glad that you had the strength to be yourself, and to find your art to be a way to cope.  I'd love to see some of your art.  What kind do you do?  Do you have any images you can attach here for us to see? 

I'm looking forward to getting to know you.  Peace, Kim (Norbie)

"what a sad story that you have survived"? confussed  :-[ lol

yes, thank you very much Kim, yes i have a natural talent for art, it kinda runs in the family :) my mam was very into art, so theres no wonder i got it off her hehe :D, and the sort of art im into is dramatic, gothic horror, apocalyptic imagery, iv always been drawn to that since my childhood, guess im naturally a dark horse haha, im not sure how i can clip work on here so far, but i do have facebook (anthony stoker, il add you) there in my art folder, not a great deal in there at the minuite, but have a few paintings that iv done so far, and some digital illustration/pattern work, im currently on a Graphic Design course so im very interested in the illustration part of it :D

Stevil

Quote from: Lizarda on May 03, 2011, 02:57:02 PM
Quote from: Zvezdichko on May 03, 2011, 02:52:28 PM
Agreed... I wonder how people can call God loving when even their sacred texts prove he's not loving

it's because most don't read their Bible, they just label themselves a certain category and think they will be safe lol

From my discussions with Christians on this forum I think that their epistemic stance is as follows:

God is perfect
God is all loving

They hold this stance above all else.
So when they read a story about god setting two she bears onto a group of children, killing 42 of them, for the crime of teasing a man about his bald head, then I think they maintain the perfect and all loving stance and then try to find a way to interpret or justify the action in a way that is consistent with their stance. e.g. god simply wanted to make an example of them, but once they died god forgave them and gave them eternal happiness in heaven, blah blah...

Norbie

Hi Anthony~  My husband & I are artists of a sort too. We're musicians.  This is a song my husband wrote about what he thinks of the bible and Christians.  Right along with the behavior that Stevil describes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEFve-OA40w   I hope this link works.  If not, try pasting it in your http thing.  (sorry I struggle on-line)

Here's the lyrics,

The Bible Geek

Hurricanes and thunder
Miracles and wonders
Bushes burning in the sand
Heavenly conceptions
Immaculate deceptions
Jesus walking like a man
I've heard some people pleading
They don't like bible reading
It makes their eyes grow heavy lids
But you won't find me snoring
'Cause I don't think its boring
The bible is some crazy shit

Famine and destruction
Incest and seduction
Fattened lambs to sacrifice
Fratricidal slaughter
Blood that flows like water
Lordy, ain't the good book nice
Temperamental tyrants
Midgets slaying giants
Children thrown to lion pits
Pestilence, diseases
God does just as he pleases

The fears and aspirations
Of every single nation
From creation 'til the end of time
For 1300 pages
The fear and fury rages
But in the end, for some
It works out fine

Redactions and omissions
Harmonized positions
Contradictions syncretized
If you thinking it's confusin'
That's not just an illusion
No, that's exactly by design

So if you're looking for reliable truth
Forget the bible
You will quickly find the facts don't fit
Some might find it grating
But to me it's fascinating
Yeah, the bible is some crazy shit

I encourage you to read it
If you do, you won't believe it

'Cause the bible is really kinda crazy
The bible isn't merely for the weary, weak, and lazy
The bible, hey you are liable
If you read it to just never wanna quit

'Cause the bible is some crazy shit

(c) Eddy Lawrence

Lizarda

Quote from: Norbie on May 04, 2011, 12:50:50 AM
Hi Anthony~  My husband & I are artists of a sort too. We're musicians.  This is a song my husband wrote about what he thinks of the bible and Christians.  Right along with the behavior that Stevil describes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEFve-OA40w   I hope this link works.  If not, try pasting it in your http thing.  (sorry I struggle on-line)

Here's the lyrics,

The Bible Geek

Hurricanes and thunder
Miracles and wonders
Bushes burning in the sand
Heavenly conceptions
Immaculate deceptions
Jesus walking like a man
I've heard some people pleading
They don't like bible reading
It makes their eyes grow heavy lids
But you won't find me snoring
'Cause I don't think its boring

Famine and destruction
Incest and seduction
Fattened lambs to sacrifice
Fratricidal slaughter
Blood that flows like water
Lordy, ain't the good book nice
Temperamental tyrants
Midgets slaying giants
Children thrown to lion pits
Pestilence, diseases
God does just as he pleases

The fears and aspirations
Of every single nation
From creation 'til the end of time
For 1300 pages
The fear and fury rages
But in the end, for some
It works out fine

Redactions and omissions
Harmonized positions
Contradictions syncretized
If you thinking it's confusin'
That's not just an illusion
No, that's exactly by design

So if you're looking for reliable truth
Forget the bible
You will quickly find the facts don't fit
Some might find it grating
But to me it's fascinating
Yeah, the bible is some crazy shit

I encourage you to read it
If you do, you won't believe it

'Cause the bible is really kinda crazy
The bible isn't merely for the weary, weak, and lazy
The bible, hey you are liable
If you read it to just never wanna quit

'Cause the bible is some crazy shit

(c) Eddy Lawrence

:O I tell you what, these lyrics are better than Bryian Steeksma's "listen to reason" lyrics hehe

best atheistic lyrics i have ever read!!! :D and i have watched the video, its greaat :D keep this up! i loved it

Lizarda

ok my message to your response has become part of the quote haha, just letting you know incase you get confussed there haha

Norbie

LOL... I'm usually the confused one.   ;)  Thanks for enjoying the song.  He does write some monster lyrics, if I do say so myself.  I'm trying to get him to record for YouTube posts now.  I just learned to do it, and he cooperated to do that one.  I want him to post more atheist material.  But he's hard to pin down on it.  He has a whole CD worth of stuff; but he wants to put some other material up.  Either way, I'll be happy to get some up there. 

I just sent you a friend request on Facebook.  It will be my same avatar... the raccoon face.  Well, I either sent it to you, or some other poor Anthony Stoker~ who will now be in therapy thinking he has a stalker.

I'm looking forward to seeing your art!

Peace, Kim

Melmoth

Welcome. ;D

Quotethe sort of art im into is dramatic, gothic horror, apocalyptic imagery

I think we're going to get on with each other.
"That life has no meaning is a reason to live - moreover, the only one." - Emil Cioran.

Lizarda

Quote from: Norbie on May 04, 2011, 01:27:04 AM
LOL... I'm usually the confused one.   ;)  Thanks for enjoying the song.  He does write some monster lyrics, if I do say so myself.  I'm trying to get him to record for YouTube posts now.  I just learned to do it, and he cooperated to do that one.  I want him to post more atheist material.  But he's hard to pin down on it.  He has a whole CD worth of stuff; but he wants to put some other material up.  Either way, I'll be happy to get some up there. 

I just sent you a friend request on Facebook.  It will be my same avatar... the raccoon face.  Well, I either sent it to you, or some other poor Anthony Stoker~ who will now be in therapy thinking he has a stalker.

I'm looking forward to seeing your art!

Peace, Kim

yeah sorry, i never got a request from you :(, you must of sent to the wrong one haha, the avatar i have of me here is my display image :) and interestingly you should say that "or some other poor anthony stoker" because its likely you might of sent a request to my uncle who has the same name, its possible haha

Lizarda

Quote from: Melmoth on May 04, 2011, 03:49:22 PM
Welcome. ;D

Quotethe sort of art im into is dramatic, gothic horror, apocalyptic imagery

I think we're going to get on with each other.

Indeed we shall :D i might see if i can attatch some work on here at some point, i want to scan them first though cos the images i have of them is from my phone, and they look blaa lol