News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Atheist Image Dump II

Started by Whitney, April 30, 2011, 02:06:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Biggus Dickus

Me sometimes thinks we need a thread which is dedicated just to Catholics :

Nuns :f you:

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Guardian85

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Tank

"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Tank

Tank

Tank

Guardian85

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Icarus

^ G85,I have always wondered why the jihadists wear masks. Are they afraid their mother will recognize them or something?  A man who hides behind a mask is behaving in a cowardly way.

Guardian85

Quote from: Icarus on March 05, 2016, 02:26:55 AM
^ G85,I have always wondered why the jihadists wear masks. Are they afraid their mother will recognize them or something?  A man who hides behind a mask is behaving in a cowardly way.
For the same reason western special forces and bank robbers don't show their faces to the public. So that intelligence officers can't identify them. It's hard to be a Jordanian jihadi when the minute you come home for a bit of R&R the Jordanian security service come down on you like a ton of bricks.

-Unknown Smartass-

Tank

Tank

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Icarus on March 05, 2016, 02:26:55 AM

They're cowardly, but not necessarily stupid. ;)

If you're interested, you could read up on crowd psychology. People behave differently when the become anonymous (wear masks) - there's deinvididuation, in which the sense of responsibility for one's actions is reduced, not to mention feelings of social restraint.

The wiki page for crowd psychology
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Tank