News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Dave on November 11, 2017, 05:23:36 PM
Allow a person tools as well, even if not used all that often that saw, hammer, chisel of whatever is essential when actually needed!

And I just love clutter . . .

Yes, books and tools. :smilenod:

:notsure:

Maybe a couple of band-aids and cold gel pack as well for when I slam a hammer on my thumb.

I like my clutter but in truth it's something that I won't miss once it's gone.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

xSilverPhinx

Phase I of Operation Spring Cleaning complete. Ready for Phase II tomorrow.

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

hermes2015

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on November 11, 2017, 05:36:02 PM
Allow a person tools as well, even if not used all that often that saw, hammer, chisel of whatever is essential when actually needed!

Yes, books and tools. :smilenod:

:notsure:

Maybe a couple of band-aids and cold gel pack as well for when I slam a hammer on my thumb.

I like my clutter but in truth it's something that I won't miss once it's gone.

I wonder where the family name Clutterbuck comes from.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

jumbojak

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on November 11, 2017, 05:11:55 PM
Today's Spring Cleaning day, and I've noticed just how much garbage I have -- if I were to throw everything I don't use anymore away, I actually don't have much.  :???:

Well, it's best to be unburdened by loads of things that aren't ever going to be used. The only things I refuse to throw away or give are my books, even though I may never read them again.

I could toss half mine and still have a cluttered mess. At least the big set stuff comes in cases so I don't lose any little pieces... I really need a bigger box. Of course, I'd just wind up packing it to the gills and then needing more storage. I sometimes wish I didn't work on so much different stuff. People ask me why I have 1/4 drive sockets in several configurations and big pipe wrenches. One is good for engine work and the other is good for big rusty crap you have to beat with a sledge to knock loose. Nothing brings so much peace as wailing the piss out of a 36" pipe wrench with a twelve pound hammer.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Tom62

This reminds me of a scrapbook joke

Wife: All my scrapbook stuff fits in a box
Husband: Don't call our house a box!
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Tom62 on November 12, 2017, 07:04:36 AM
This reminds me of a scrapbook joke

Wife: All my scrapbook stuff fits in a box
Husband: Don't call our house a box!

When we first moved into our current house my wife and I split the large closet in our bedroom 50/50...seems fair right, but then after a while she started to encroach onto my side of the closet, and not long after it was more like 60/40. I didn't mind at first because I still had plenty of room. In fact I even gave up like 75% of the floor space of the closet for her shoes, because my few sets of shoes easily fit in the corner on the shoe rack, and work shoes and boots I kept in the basement or garage.
Then the closet started to get like 65/35, and I would have to push her stuff over to the side just to get my things out, finally when it was 75/25 I had enough.
One day she walked into the bedroom and all of my clothes from the closet were laid out on the bed, including all of my shoes, plus the out of season stuff I had stored in the space above the closet, and she said, "What are you doing"? I replied, "I moving out, I can't take it anymore, you win the closet war...I'm taking over the hallway closet, and I bought a shirt rack for the laundry room."

And that's the way things have been since, I actually use a hallway closet for my personal clothes. After our daughter moved out I thought I could use her old bedroom closet, but guess who beat me to it. One day I open it up and it already fill completely with the wife clothes.

We have a from hallway closet by the front door we use for coats, jackets, scarves, etc...but the wife has so many different coats that I could barely get my coats in and out of the closet, so I bought a coat rack for the back hallway so I could easily hang my light coats or jackets without fighting for space in the front closet.
Wife didn't like the coat rack at first, as she said I should have picked out a nicer one than the one I bought, but I said I didn't by it for it's decorative value, but so I could have a spot to hang my stuff, especially a place to hang my hat, scarves, gloves, etc...when coming in from the snow.
Now I only have two hooks left as she started hanging some of her light jackets and workout clothes there...I swear to god I think she is trying to get me to move out into the garage, as that is the only place left that she has encroached on.

It's tough being a man. :'(
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

jumbojak

Outfit your garage into a Garagemahal Bruno. When she moves in there retake the bedroom closet...

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

hermes2015

I have always lived by this dictum:

Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful. William Morris
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Tank

I built the wardrobes from scratch in our bedroom. I get rights I tell you rights!!! It's 50/50 and staying that way. My wife uses the kids wardrobes for overflow. :D
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Dave

Quote from: Tank on November 14, 2017, 06:22:50 AM
I built the wardrobes from scratch in our bedroom. I get rights I tell you rights!!! It's 50/50 and staying that way. My wife uses the kids wardrobes for overflow. :D

My built in wardrobe must be twice the size of the one my parents shared - and it's still full to overflowing!

Can't remember but am guessing my father probably had two pairs of working trousers (no spin or tumble driers when I was a kid) kept in a drawer,, two pairs of "weekend/holiday" trousers and one suit in the wardrobe. I have six pairs of pressed trousers (ditto casuals but on a shelf), two jackets, two suits (weddings and funerals) and a load of shirts! There are four hooks on the front door and nearby walls stuffed with wet and cold weather coats and jackets.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Magdalena

:secrets1: Guys! Saturday is Buddy's birthday.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Sandra Craft

Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Magdalena

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on November 17, 2017, 05:20:41 AM
Quote from: Magdalena on November 17, 2017, 04:46:33 AM
:secrets1: Guys! Saturday is Buddy's birthday.

Surprise road trip?
I can't decide...Surprise road trip...or a small celebration?

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Sandra Craft

The small celebration would be easier, but less surprising.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Magdalena

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on November 17, 2017, 03:23:36 PM
The small celebration would be easier, but less surprising.
True... But she probably already has plans.  :sad sigh:
~Let's just do a small celebration and hope she shows up. Remember last time we celebrated No one's 1000 posts and he/she never showed up.  :(