News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Icarus

Yes...where is Dragonia?   She's a sharp lady.

Dave

Inspired by a comment in a novel, "That person is so objective he is objectionable!"
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

jumbojak

Bloody hot today, as my brother described it. Heat index of 106°F and expected to be even worse tomorrow.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Arturo

I never thought I would be so good at things where I could actually do it as a job. I mean I work out and stuff but so has my Dad before me. Nobody asked him to train them. I posted one picture and someone asked me to train them. I said I would and was told I should be a personal trainer. I never before thought I would have the knowledge to be able to do that, but now I do. I would have to get a license if I wanted to do it professionally but this person is from another country that I train. I'm not even asking for her money but I could if I got really good at it.

I don't really want to change my major to a fitness degree because I'm not that social to be a personal trainer. The amount of marketing and perseverance would put me into another psychotic breakdown. But I could do it if I were passive and got customers coming to me to be trained. It would still be stressful being a socialite, but it would be legit money. IF TRUMP DON'T FUCK IT UP FOR ME!
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Biggus Dickus

I know a couple personal trainers who do so on the side, just a way of making some extra cash each week. They get referrals either from networking or simply from the family and friends. 

One guy I know started out just like you. He was young, in really good shape, and folks started to ask him to help them work out or produce workout routines for them to follow, same with another gal I know. She works as a substitute yoga teacher, and does personal home training and nutritional coaching.

You work with one person, they get results, they tell their friends, etc...

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Magdalena

Guys... :shifty:
Today is Gerry Rzeppa's birthday.  :shifty:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Dave

Quote from: Magdalena on July 16, 2017, 07:33:48 AM

Never heard of him, some kind of religious singer or something?

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Gloucester on July 16, 2017, 09:34:54 AM

One of the more "interesting" former members of HAF.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Arturo

Quote from: Father Bruno on July 14, 2017, 01:15:53 PM
I know a couple personal trainers who do so on the side, just a way of making some extra cash each week. They get referrals either from networking or simply from the family and friends. 

One guy I know started out just like you. He was young, in really good shape, and folks started to ask him to help them work out or produce workout routines for them to follow, same with another gal I know. She works as a substitute yoga teacher, and does personal home training and nutritional coaching.

You work with one person, they get results, they tell their friends, etc...

Well I am taking some electives in college this year so I can get used to the work load of a full time student. Perhaps I will prepare for that as well.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Arturo

Happy Birthday mysteriously absent stranger!
     Arturo The1  リ壱

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

jumbojak

I miss Gerry, he was a real character. I wonder if his easy programming software ever took off for him. Looked like a winner...

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Magdalena

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on July 16, 2017, 12:57:14 PM

:this:
I tried to find one of his posts in the Dump Pile of Crazy Troll Posts, but I couldn't find anything. It's like he has been erased from history.  :shifty:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Magdalena on July 16, 2017, 05:30:18 PM
Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on July 16, 2017, 12:57:14 PM

:this:
I tried to find one of his posts in the Dump Pile of Crazy Troll Posts, but I couldn't find anything. It's like he has been erased from history.  :shifty:

It's true! I tried searching for his threads as well but couldn't find any.  :violin:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Dave