News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on July 06, 2012, 02:49:26 PM
How much would it weird out the lady sitting next to me if I told her I thought she smelled nice?
Say, "I really like that perfume you're wearing what's it called?"
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Ali

Quote from: Tank on July 06, 2012, 03:34:37 PM
How much would it weird out the lady sitting next to me if I told her I thought she smelled nice?

^^This is a much better idea than leaning over, taking a big theatrical sniff and saying "Mmmmmm, you smell......delicious...." ;D

DeterminedJuliet

Quote from: Ali on July 06, 2012, 04:06:27 PM

^^This is a much better idea than leaning over, taking a big theatrical sniff and saying "Mmmmmm, you smell......delicious...." ;D

hahahaha! It'd probably free up more space around me, though.  ;D
I decided against it for now. I'll have to find other ways to keep up my weirdo cred.
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

OldGit

Daaahliing!  But your fragrance - it's utterly divine!  I absolutely MUST know your secret! .... Wal Mart 3 for 2?  Dahling!  How totally ... err ... surprising.

DeterminedJuliet

HEY MISSUS! MIND IF I GIVES YA A SNIFF?!
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

DeterminedJuliet

That last one was in a thick Newfoundland accent - for added effect.

Tank

Quote from: Ali on July 06, 2012, 04:06:27 PM

It also works well as an impromptu introduction line :)
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

xSilverPhinx

Here's what you should do:

Don't say anything, that would be weird.
Stare at her wide-eyed for a moment
scooch over
take some of her hair in your hand
take it to your nose and smell it
look a bit surprised and wonder if it tastes like it smells
test the hypothesis that it does (don't nibble it too much)
let her hair go
carry on with what you were doing before.

On second thought, maybe staring at her wide-eyed is a bit weird. ??? Remove that part.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Sweetdeath

Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Amicale

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on July 06, 2012, 04:38:16 PM
HEY MISSUS! MIND IF I GIVES YA A SNIFF?!

:D you're awesome. I can soooo picture you doing that, too.

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

The Magic Pudding

Tank

DeterminedJuliet

Siz

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on July 07, 2012, 09:39:10 AM

Oh, I freakin' LOVE it!  ;D ;D

If I could put this on my shelf next to my rowing trophies I would. I'm so very proud and pleased.

Thank you TMP  :-*

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: Scissorlegs on July 07, 2012, 01:56:08 PMd.

Thank you TMP  :-*

No worries mate, I got ya Zip wheels so you wouldn't be confused with the riff raff prolls who ride 'cause they have to.