News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buddy

Hand them overto me too, because I've been in heels all day and my feet are punishing me for it.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Sweetdeath

Thanks, Ali. I have gingerale too. <3
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Ali

Ali

Quote from: Sweetdeath on January 19, 2012, 01:19:29 AM
Thanks, Ali. I have gingerale too. <3

Feel better hon!  There's nothing worse than tummy troubles!

Buddy

Quote from: Ali on January 19, 2012, 01:20:01 AM
YOU need http://www.amazon.com/Calgon-Tropics-Revitalizing-Hand-Cream/dp/B005ZOFW90 with lots of rubbing.  Heels all day???  Good Asmo, why??

FFA official dress requires that girls wear heels. We had a thing at school where everybody in a club had to wear their club uniform. Then I stayed after school to help run the FFA booth for freshman orientation.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Ali

Quote from: Budhorse4 on January 19, 2012, 01:32:27 AM
YOU need http://www.amazon.com/Calgon-Tropics-Revitalizing-Hand-Cream/dp/B005ZOFW90 with lots of rubbing.  Heels all day???  Good Asmo, why??

FFA official dress requires that girls wear heels.
We had a thing at school where everybody in a club had to wear their club uniform. Then I stayed after school to help run the FFA booth for freshman orientation.

That's patently unfair!!!!  I HATE heels and refuse to wear them.  If FFA guys don't have to wear heels, why should the girls? (I don't know what FFA stands for - I can only assume that there are guys in this club.)

Sweetdeath

I don't wear heels and refuse to wear them in any occassion outside of cosplay. ( even then, I find loopholes. I will NOT torture my feet.)
Required? Isn't that sexist?? Wth..

Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Buddy

Quote from: Ali on January 19, 2012, 01:37:47 AM
Quote from: Budhorse4 on January 19, 2012, 01:32:27 AM

FFA official dress requires that girls wear heels.
We had a thing at school where everybody in a club had to wear their club uniform. Then I stayed after school to help run the FFA booth for freshman orientation.

That's patently unfair!!!!  I HATE heels and refuse to wear them.  If FFA guys don't have to wear heels, why should the girls? (I don't know what FFA stands for - I can only assume that there are guys in this club.)

I guess I should explain better. FFA is a USA agriculture organization, as big if not bigger than 4-H. Girls are only required to wear heels at national and state convention. Other times, they can wear black flats. I don't own any flats and I'm not in official dress enough to need to go out and buy a pair. So, I just live with wearing heels. They really aren't that tall, only about three inches, I'm just a wuss when it comes to heels. :D

Buddy

Isn't the best picture, but here is a standard FFA function. Since it's not state or national, one of the girls is wearing flats.

Sweetdeath

It doesnt matter how many inches the heels are, they put pressure on your feet awkwardly. If you ever studied Chinese medicine, you'd see how many organs are affected by bad foot wear.
Women who willingly give into wearing heels more than an hour are doing some damage. Not to mention the increase in shortening of the achilles tendon AND spider/vericose veins. Yah, that's sexy.
Heels are very sexist IMO.

Sorry for rant xD

Sweetdeath

Nice uniforms.
I'm just morose we havent evolved past women wearing skirts and heels.

Ali

Oh darling.  Yes, you do need to go out and get the regulation flats.  I have a permanently bad ankle from high heels in HS.  Don't be me, randomly falling over because your bad ankle "gives".  Fight for your rights!

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: Sweetdeath on January 19, 2012, 02:01:28 AM
Heels are very sexist IMO.

Ye it would be if it is a requirement put in place by men, but that isn't common is it?
Mostly this is a thing woman do to themselves isn't it?

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: Ali on January 18, 2012, 06:26:34 PM
<a href="http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f131/aasaliman/Snapshot_20120118.jpg">Seeeeend mooooooore braaaaaaains</a>

ETA:  I have no idea why my html isn't working.  It's supposed to be a link that says "Send mooore brains" and then brings up that picture.  Mod help?  Or just html smart person help?

Seeeeend mooooooore braaaaaaains

Sweetdeath

Flats are like $10 USD. Go, go, go! :)