News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SunshineSTATEofMind

What's on my mind today...
1. I hope the Devils beat the Bruins. :)
2. Please be warm tomorrow because I do not want to work out in the cold.
3. I'm excited to be on a forum with such great, like-minded people!

"The sea is unsparing. We're all drifting away- away from you. I pray for you now. But hoping to God on high is like clinging to straws while drowning- oh- Realize! Realize what you are...!"

"Afraid if we dance we might die...
Rock the world, live through you - why?
Don't you know, when you give life, then you become what you are!"

- Dave Matthews

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: SunshineSTATEofMind on January 20, 2012, 02:03:03 AM

People say that a lot.
Minds meeting, isn't it lovely?
I'm pretty sure it doesn't include me though.
But I'm not complaining.
It's better than hearing "great like minded people,
except you Pudding you antipodean weirdo".

Asmodean

Quote from: Ali on January 20, 2012, 12:39:37 AM
Sorry Asmo!  Are you okay?
Of course, I am. Was not close to that person - his kid went to the same school as I.

Cancer. It happens.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Tank

Quote from: SunshineSTATEofMind on January 20, 2012, 02:03:03 AM
What's on my mind today...
1. I hope the Devils beat the Bruins. :)
2. Please be warm tomorrow because I do not want to work out in the cold.

People say this a lot, but one of the best things about this place is that we're all different!  ;D
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

OldGit

Speak for yourself, Tank - I'm the same.  8)

Buddy

I seem to be having a case of Murphy's Law today.  :-\ I also realized that I go all turrets syndrome in my head when I'm stressed.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Ali

I'm soooooo tired.  My kid has caught the same horrific cold that I'm still shrugging off, and he was up most of the night coughing, which means that I was also up most of the night.  I had given him some kids' cold medicine before bed, but that didn't seem to help.  Also gave him a spoonful of honey, no help.  If it happens again tonight, I think I'm going to go old school and give him a spoonful of limoncello or raspberry brandy (just happen to have both at the mo, after the holidays.)  In the meantime, I think that he also had a nightmare because he wanted to crawl in bed with us at around 4 am, but my husband wakes up really early (like 5 am) and I didn't want his alarm or morning rituals to wake T back up when he had just fallen back asleep.  So instead, I take T back to his room and crawl in bed with him for a while to make him feel safe until he falls back to sleep.  This would have been okay, except that T currently sleeps in a toddler bed.  For non-parents, that's like a training bed.  It's a little bed frame that sits about 4 inches off the ground and holds a crib mattress.  I'm not some towering giantess, but I'm a respectable 5'7, so being curled up on a crib mattress was not terribly comfortable.  The things we do for love, eh?

Buddy

Aww. Hope your little one feels better soon.  :)
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Sweetdeath

Feel better soon Ali. And hope your kid does too :D

I am eating oatmeal, and I am sad cuz I don't have any bananas to put in it.
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

The Magic Pudding

Sweetdeath

Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Ali

Thanks Sweet D and Bud

Pudding - are those decapitated rainbow bananas that I see?

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: Ali on January 20, 2012, 04:31:01 PM
Pudding - are those decapitated rainbow bananas that I see?

Ye, Sweetdeath was in need of some.

Ali

That's kind of you.  Do you take requests?

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: Ali on January 20, 2012, 05:26:58 PM
That's kind of you.  Do you take requests?

Well I will listen, but that doesn't mean I won't scornfully dismiss them.