News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Bad Penny II on May 01, 2019, 12:21:43 PM
I spent some hours over the weekend in Illustrator designing a shelf cabinet thingy and pricing timber.
Timber is expensive these days, I don't like paying four times more than I did 30 years ago.
So I search for timber on Gumtree (#1 classifieds site in the UK, Australia, South Africa, and Singapore) and timber furniture pops up and there's this cabinet for $20, fk it, that'll do.  Saves me a lot of bother and $$

Seems like a good deal. :smilenod:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

jumbojak

More stickies to pull off from a sonogram, but still no idea what's wrong. I think I'm just past my ideal shelf life.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on May 01, 2019, 09:46:27 PM
More stickies to pull off from a sonogram, but still no idea what's wrong. I think I'm just past my ideal shelf life.

:therethere: You're too young to be past your ideal shelf life.

jumbojak

The sonogram did indicate that I'm almost four months pregnant... could be related...

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on May 01, 2019, 10:26:00 PM
The sonogram did indicate that I'm almost four months pregnant... could be related...

:lol: Oh dear.

That would explain a lot!  :snicker: Like you craving the best BBQ in all the world! :grin:

;)

Seriously though, out of curiosity, did you do a complete blood count test as well?

jumbojak

They took my blood at the ER - I'm still bruised to prove it - and the doctor looked things over today. He said they looked fine. Funny though, the ER records said I had in fact suffered a heart attack! He couldn't figure out how they reached that conclusion and told me to ignore it. For what it's worth, when it left the ER on Easter they told me I hadn't had a heart attack.

Best medical system in the world.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on May 01, 2019, 10:42:22 PM
They took my blood at the ER - I'm still bruised to prove it - and the doctor looked things over today. He said they looked fine. Funny though, the ER records said I had in fact suffered a heart attack! He couldn't figure out how they reached that conclusion and told me to ignore it. For what it's worth, when it left the ER on Easter they told me I hadn't had a heart attack.

Best medical system in the world.

So you're 4 months pregnant and had a heart attack, even though you aren't and didn't. :notsure: That is odd.

jumbojak

Between the wild stories I tell and the confusing information I've gotten I don't know what to believe. *sigh*

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on May 01, 2019, 10:58:17 PM
Between the wild stories I tell and the confusing information I've gotten I don't know what to believe. *sigh*

Whatever you do believe in just please don't devolve into Homo sapiens hypochondriac:P

jumbojak

I hate doctors too much for that to happen.

xSilverPhinx

Bad Penny II

The snakes are a bit too stealthy.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Buddy

Quote from: jumbojak on May 01, 2019, 10:26:00 PM

The next messiah is coming from an atheist. Something, something irony
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Dark Lightning

Quote from: Bad Penny II on May 01, 2019, 12:21:43 PM
I spent some hours over the weekend in Illustrator designing a shelf cabinet thingy and pricing timber.
Timber is expensive these days, I don't like paying four times more than I did 30 years ago.
So I search for timber on Gumtree (#1 classifieds site in the UK, Australia, South Africa, and Singapore) and timber furniture pops up and there's this cabinet for $20, fk it, that'll do.  Saves me a lot of bother and $$

$20? One can't buy enough of even shitty pine to make one, for that kind of money. We have a Habitat for Humanity store in town that sells donated items. Contractors tearing out cabinets, etc., donate rather than go to a land fill. Also regular people donate furniture. I've purchased some things there for cheap, like three 1"X12"X8' red oak planks for $15. They have a set of mahogany doors that they're asking a prince's ransom for. I'm waiting for the price to go low enough, then I'll buy them for the wood. The center panels look like a pillowed figure, but they're melamine.

jumbojak

I'm going to the Fight Club tonight, he'll or high water I'm making it and making it through.