News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Buddy on March 27, 2018, 04:23:26 PM
I have a few online job training courses due today and I don't want to do them. They're so boring.

Boring doesn't encapsulate how I feel about job-related, Online Training. I've had to take numerous courses the last couple months for both Ford and FCA (Chrysler) here at work...some of these courses are 8-15 hours long.
What I hate is that they force you to be interactive with the most mundane shit...like how to scroll down a screen to see additional data currently out of view.

Co-Worker next to me laughs at my antics sometimes because I just can't believe how mundane the training can be...and your not allowed to skip ahead or they deduct points from your final score.

I have to begin another one this week....fucking hate it. (Don't mind the learning, even the time, just can't stomach the mundane crap...fuck)

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Davin

Quote from: Papasito Bruno on March 27, 2018, 05:56:49 PM
Quote from: Buddy on March 27, 2018, 04:23:26 PM
I have a few online job training courses due today and I don't want to do them. They're so boring.

Boring doesn't encapsulate how I feel about job-related, Online Training. I've had to take numerous courses the last couple months for both Ford and FCA (Chrysler) here at work...some of these courses are 8-15 hours long.
What I hate is that they force you to be interactive with the most mundane shit...like how to scroll down a screen to see additional data currently out of view.

Co-Worker next to me laughs at my antics sometimes because I just can't believe how mundane the training can be...and your not allowed to skip ahead or they deduct points from your final score.

I have to begin another one this week....fucking hate it. (Don't mind the learning, even the time, just can't stomach the mundane crap...fuck)

I had been volunteered to take some training courses on Accessibility for web sites. Two days at 9 hours a day, but they started 3 hours after I get to work, so I had to stay late 3 hours for those two days. I had already read and put into practice all of the accessibility stuff when I helped to fix the website a few months prior. So it was super boring to go over stuff that I had already researched intensely.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Essie Mae

I had to do a safeguarding course once and got so fed up struggling with  the online version that I chose to use a precious half a day of the half-term holiday to go on a course given by a human being, The coffee was good and a certificate was awarded just for attending.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

hermes2015

Hearing about all these experiences makes me very happy that I was never subjected to any online training courses when I was working full-time.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Tom62

I'll have an online training course in April, about IT-security and I'm not looking forward to that one either.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

xSilverPhinx

Did you know that in Italy one should never cut their spaghetti? I think I would have some serious problems with Italian table etiquette, I couldn't properly twirl spaghetti on my fork to save my life.  ::)
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

jumbojak

It gives them the opportunity to point and laugh at strangers.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Icarus

The drill is to use a spoon in conjunction with a fork Silver.  You can twirl the pasta rather neatly that way...... I will wager that you already knew that.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on March 30, 2018, 12:07:33 AM
Did you know that in Italy one should never cut their spaghetti? I think I would have some serious problems with Italian table etiquette, I couldn't properly twirl spaghetti on my fork to save my life.  ::)

I've tried -- no matter how few strands I start out with, I end up with way too much spaghetti on my fork.  Cutting it is.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Icarus on March 30, 2018, 01:44:30 AM
The drill is to use a spoon in conjunction with a fork Silver.  You can twirl the pasta rather neatly that way...... I will wager that you already knew that.

You would lose that wager, Icarus! :P I'll give that a try next time, hopefully with pasta that isn't swimming in sauce, that stuff gets thrown everywhere.  ::)

Ecurb Noselrub

I lived in Italy for 3 years, so twirling spaghetti is second nature to me.  Chopsticks, however, are a different matter.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on March 30, 2018, 02:38:53 AM
I lived in Italy for 3 years, so twirling spaghetti is second nature to me.  Chopsticks, however, are a different matter.

When I was a kid, my Dad used to take us to a Japanese restaurant where you ate with chopsticks or you didn't eat.  I find chopsticks surprisingly easy to use.  Still can't twirl spaghetti.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Dave

When I was in the RAF we used to est at a Chniese resturant in Gloucester where we had "pea rsces". This entailed earing a weighed number of peas, one at a time, from a small bowl, on a large plate, with chopsticks. The Chinese, being keen gamblers, would do their best to endure we all got the same number of peas. Then put money on us.

If the manager's choice came first that person got his meal free.

But both Chinese and sphagetti esting styles are just not good Western manners. With the former you choose your selection of goodies from all the fishes into your little bowl. You then lift that bowl to your mouth and use the sticks to "shovel" its contents in. With sphag be prepared to lean out over the plate or bowl and bite off any dangling bits from your spoon/fork load, letting them fall back. But it helps to ensure the sphag is as "untangled" as possible before twiddling, then you can select just three or four noodles to wind up nestly.

I have an "engineers" approach to eating, study-analyse-consider-solve!
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

OldGit

Just so long as you don't disrespect our Noodly Master the FSM.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: OldGit on March 30, 2018, 09:57:33 AM
Just so long as you don't disrespect our Noodly Master the FSM.

Oh no, when I try to twirl spaghetti I do it with reverence and utmost respect.  :let'seat: