News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hermes2015

Quote from: Dave on March 26, 2018, 05:22:57 AM
JJ, it's a crying shame thst you cannot get employment using your evident practical skills. Thst's if you wanted that if vourse, some "hobbies" do not translate into whst we want to actually work at. I loved silver jewellery work as a hobby but hated commissions or making standard stuff for sale - but I needed them to fund the speculative stuff.

Quote from: Dave on March 26, 2018, 05:22:57 AM
JJ, it's a crying shame thst you cannot get employment using your evident practical skills. Thst's if you wanted that if vourse, some "hobbies" do not translate into whst we want to actually work at. I loved silver jewellery work as a hobby but hated commissions or making standard stuff for sale - but I needed them to fund the speculative stuff.

Yes, that is a sad waste of talent.

I also tried my hand at jewellery when I was still working full time, so could only do it for six hours a week. I made one or two OK things. This is a silver bangle I made; it was inspired by Gehry's Guggenheim Museum in Bilbao:

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Tank

Quote from: jumbojak on March 25, 2018, 11:23:24 PM
Okay, here's something that's been on my mind. Why are people so self conscious about their weight? ...
I have no idea, but my wife is. She has never and will never tell me her weight!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

jumbojak

Quote from: Tank on March 26, 2018, 01:08:39 PM
Okay, here's something that's been on my mind. Why are people so self conscious about their weight? ...
I have no idea, but my wife is. She has never and will never tell me her weight!

Do like me and make a guess. If you're right you'll know based on the reaction.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Tank

Quote from: jumbojak on March 26, 2018, 01:11:46 PM

I don't want to die.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

jumbojak

I never said you'd get a good reaction!

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Tank on March 26, 2018, 01:13:08 PM

I don't want to die.

:rofl: That response made my day! :grin:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Guardian85

I've met his wife. Not worth the risk!  ;)

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

xSilverPhinx

I want the world to be my backyard. :sad sigh:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Arturo

Can we have a thread that is a casual conversation and just talk about whatever?

I just watched a podcast about the Cuban mafia and it's ties to the CIA and the Italian mob. Was very interesting and almost made you want to get involved more because one of the guests was describing a hand signal that means to watch the person they are pointing at and then later on the other guest used the same hand signal to point at this first guest. It was this kind of thing that had me put into the hospital way back when.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Arturo

Technically it is if you don't have a fence.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Arturo

Humans- Are we the last of the best or the beginning of the worst? All the other human species have died, how will we go out? Will we birth a more evolved species or will we be the last withered end of a flame?
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Tank

Quote from: Arturo on March 27, 2018, 04:43:33 AM
Can we have a thread that is a casual conversation and just talk about whatever?
Yes, it's called 'What's on your mind' I've merged your thread in with it.

Magdalena

Quote from: Arturo on March 27, 2018, 04:55:36 AM
Humans- Are we the last of the best or the beginning of the worst?
I hope we are the last of the worst and the begining of the best. :notsure:

All the other human species have died, how will we go out?
I don't understand the question. Please forgive me.

Will we birth a more evolved species
But you just said, "All the other human species have died..."

or will we be the last withered end of a flame?
Like, The Big Crunch, huh!?  :-\
Or something like that.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Buddy

I have a few online job training courses due today and I don't want to do them. They're so boring.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Tank

Quote from: Buddy on March 27, 2018, 04:23:26 PM
I have a few online job training courses due today and I don't want to do them. They're so boring.
The sooner you start the sooner you'll finish. Remember you have a new car to pay for!