News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Don' submit!

Started by history_geek, March 23, 2011, 07:59:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

history_geek

That's the name of the most recent campaing made by Finnsh christian organizations. What makes it worth a topic, is that they somehow managed to compare gays to murderes (I kid you not, there's quite the headlines in Iltalehti...), and how a person can "reform from bi- and homosexuality through christianity". Yep, fundies are trying to make their bullshit work in here too.

But the best part, was the reaction. Some of you might remember eroakirkosta.fi-website that allows people to resign from the church via e-mail. On an avarage day there's around 50 or so resignations. The day after thsi campaign began? 500 resignations  :yay:
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." Arthur C Clarke's Third Law
"Any sufficiently advanced alien is indistinguishable from a god."
Pierre-Simon, marquis de Laplace:
Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothése - I do not require that hypothesis[img]http://www.dakkadakka.com/s/i/a/4eef2cc3548cc9844a491b22ad384546.gif[/i

xSilverPhinx

I would tell them well done...they've sowed the seeds of their own destruction.  :pop:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

history_geek

Quote from: "xSilverPhinx"I would tell them well done...they've sowed the seeds of their own destruction.  ;) ) we're talking here...

Ofcourse, the arch-bishop has critizised the campaign and said that the State Church has nothing to do with it, exept for the two international support organizations and the funding that comes from the church taxes that those of us who belong to it have to pay.

..... -_-

:brick:
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." Arthur C Clarke's Third Law
"Any sufficiently advanced alien is indistinguishable from a god."
Pierre-Simon, marquis de Laplace:
Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothése - I do not require that hypothesis[img]http://www.dakkadakka.com/s/i/a/4eef2cc3548cc9844a491b22ad384546.gif[/i