News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

Interview the person below you.

Started by Tank, March 22, 2011, 05:10:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sweetdeath

that's a scary question, because sadly people deal with that everyday.

I would probably find a way out of the country. I couldn't lie to myself and pretend to worship Allah. Also, i'm way too openly gay xD...

Q: Would you have your foot (of your choice) amputated in exchange for the first ever flying car?

Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

The Magic Pudding

Q: Would you have your foot (of your choice) amputated in exchange for the first ever flying car?

A: No I'd wait for the second generation flying cars to come out.

Q:  Are you the type of person who after sacrificing a foot to consumerism, goes to a shoe shop and sneaks two right shoes into a shoebox and then buys them

ThinkAnarchy

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on May 29, 2011, 05:46:54 AM

Q:  Are you the type of person who after sacrificing a foot to consumerism, goes to a shoe shop and sneaks two right shoes into a shoebox and then buys them

Haha. I love that answer.

A. Yes I would. When I was a kid I used to sneak R-rated movies I thought would have nudity into the case of one I could rent. I don't see why my morals would have changed that drastically in adulthood.

Q. If you had the option to be a space pioneer. Essentially taking a one-way trip into space to find a planet to colonize, would you do it? Assume technology has progressed to a point were the probability of finding a suitable planet is above 90%.

Also, elaborate on if it would be contingent on taking certain people along.
"He that displays too often his wife and his wallet is in danger of having both of them borrowed." -Ben Franklin

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -credited to Franklin, but not sure.

Godless

Only if I don't have a girlfriend/wife and/or kids at the time. If I didn't, then yes I would because I would be contributing something to humanity and my name would be in the history books for centuries to come.

Q: Imagine a bank employee accidentally deposits $100,000 into your bank account instead of the intended client. Would you spend the money? If so, what would you spend it on?

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: ThinkAnarchy on May 29, 2011, 05:54:27 AM
Quote from: The Magic Pudding on May 29, 2011, 05:46:54 AM

Q:  Are you the type of person who after sacrificing a foot to consumerism, goes to a shoe shop and sneaks two right shoes into a shoebox and then buys them

Haha. I love that answer

I thought it was obvious, I mean you wait a while and get a better product and you'll probably pick it up for a toe.

Tank

Q: Imagine a bank employee accidentally deposits $100,000 into your bank account instead of the intended client. Would you spend the money? If so, what would you spend it on?

A: No I'd transfer it into a high interest savings account and leave it there for a decade or so until I was reasonably confident the bank had not missed the money. The original client would have noticed they had not been paid so the bank would have sorted that out. If the bank did ask for the money back they could have their $100,000 but I'd keep the interest :) I'd keep the money as an emergency fund in case somebody got I'll and was injured and use it then. If the bank then tried get the money back I'd tell then what I had used it for and if they really wanted that sort of publicity I'd sell my story to the highest bidder about the cruel incompetent bank.

Q: Apart from child birth (assuming you've had kids) what is the worst physical pain you have volunteered for and why?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

ThinkAnarchy

Quote from: Tank on May 29, 2011, 07:41:32 AM

Q: Apart from child birth (assuming you've had kids) what is the worst physical pain you have volunteered for and why?

A. I've never given birth to a child, but since nobody has responded yet, I figured I would answer. I suppose the worst pain I've submitted to has been an eyebrow piercing. It didn't hurt much, but I tend not to willingly submit to pain. I did it because I thought it would be cool, and I enjoyed it for a while, but don't miss it at all now that the hole is closed.

Q. If you were the monarch of a nation, would you forbid the free exercise of religion? Why or why not. If you would, what penalties would you impose on those who did not follow your command?
"He that displays too often his wife and his wallet is in danger of having both of them borrowed." -Ben Franklin

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -credited to Franklin, but not sure.

Willow

Quote from: ThinkAnarchy on May 31, 2011, 05:50:18 AM
Q. If you were the monarch of a nation, would you forbid the free exercise of religion? Why or why not. If you would, what penalties would you impose on those who did not follow your command?
No, because I don't think it would work.  Didn;t they try in France after their revolution...shakey history.
I would ban religion in schools, only allowing teaching about religion.  Certainly no daily act of worship or intelligent design in science lessons.  Pehaps a bit of Karl Popper's philosophy of scientific proof would be nice.
I digress.
I would strip religious organisations of their charitable status.  I would prevent the state from supporting religions and get the preaching out of teaching.
I would not stop people from practicing their religions because it wouldn't stop them believing and I think going underground might enhance faith.

Q: Do you support any charities, which and why?

G-Roll

QuoteQ: Do you support any charities, which and why?
no. because im poor. if you would like to you could mail me a check though. actually i gave to habitat for humanity once. i kind of regretted it though because they decided to send me emails all the time to tell me what they are doing/who they are saving today.

Q: what is the one thing in life that annoys you the most?
Quote from: "Moslem"
Allah (that mean God)

Asmodean

Quote from: G-Roll on June 01, 2011, 10:38:39 PMQ: what is the one thing in life that annoys you the most?

Faith, kids, blind patriotism, NATO, EU, UN, ABS, WHO, green meddlers, stupidity... Oh... one thing..?

Then, I suppose, today it's victimization and therein martyrdom which annoy me more than anything else... It's not a rational thought-through thing - I just find it distasteful for a number of reasons.

Question: If you commited a crime and got caught, would you just admit it and be done with it or would you try to prove your innocence, guilty as you are..?
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Tank

Question: If you commited a crime and got caught, would you just admit it and be done with it or would you try to prove your innocence, guilty as you are..?

A. Depends what the crime was and why I did it and I'm saying nothing more.

Q. Are you a cat or dog person?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

The Black Jester

Quote from: Tank on June 03, 2011, 07:59:04 PM
Q. Are you a cat or dog person?

Both.  But mostly dog.  However, I live with two cats (and no dog).

Q. Do you prefer many acquaintences, or a few close friends.
The Black Jester

"Religion is institutionalised superstition, science is institutionalised curiosity." - Tank

"Confederation of the dispossessed,
Fearing neither god nor master." - Killing Joke

http://theblackjester.wordpress.com

Asmodean

Quote from: Tank on June 03, 2011, 07:59:04 PM
A. Depends what the crime was and why I did it and I'm saying nothing more.
Does it..?

I tried to eliminate that very factor in the wording of the question.

Here are the hypothetical facts: You commited whatever crime, for whatever reason. You being able to justify it is not very relevant - the point is, as far as society goes, you are guilty and you know it.

You got caught. Do you admit to having done as accused? Or do you lie your teeth blue in an attempt to evade possible social vengeance?

A: Few close friends.

Q: Do you have friends who in your book rank higher than active members of your close family? (Close family: parents, children, siblings. Active members: people you know and have regular contact with. A father with whom you have not spoken for 20 years, for example, does not count.)
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: Asmodean on June 04, 2011, 09:46:50 AM
Q: Do you have friends who in your book rank higher than active members of your close family? (Close family: parents, children, siblings. Active members: people you know and have regular contact with. A father with whom you have not spoken for 20 years, for example, does not count.)

A: Yes, familiarity breeds contempt don't you know.

Q: So if you could get god to change his plan, divert from his image and make us a little different, what would you request?
A trunk, a tail, a brain with replaceable chips, roller skate feet or other?

leedan

I might ask for wings.

Q: If everlasting existence could be achieved by implanting your brain into a machine would you volunteer.