News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

Happy Pi Day!

Started by fester30, March 15, 2011, 12:23:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fester30

Today is March 14 (3/14), Pi Day!  Pi is definitely one of my favorite numbers.  I love harmonic motion, and working with Pi for harmonic motion was like the world (and Trig) finally made sense!  Yay Pi Day!

The Magic Pudding

It's 14/3 down here, or it was yesterday.
4.66666666 doesn't sound very special, and unless we add a couple more months it will never be [strike:2ip7sm37]14/3[/strike:2ip7sm37] 3/14.

fester30

Quote from: "The Magic Pudding"It's 14/3 down here, or it was yesterday.
4.66666666 doesn't sound very special, and unless we add a couple more months it will never be 14/3.

So are you saying you don't have Pi down there either?  That would really be a shame.

The Magic Pudding

Hmm, I'm not looking at this right.

QuotePi Day is a holiday commemorating the mathematical constant π (pi). Pi Day is celebrated on March 14 (or 3/14 in month/day date format), since 3, 1 and 4 are the three most significant digits of π in the decimal form. In 2009, the United States House of Representatives supported the designation of Pi Day.[2]

Pi Approximation Day is held on July 22 (or 22/7 in day/month date format), since the fraction 22â,,7 is a common approximation of Ï€.[3]

We have 22 July 22/7 in long or short date format.
I don't know if I can support Pi day being a pudding and all, though puddings are round.

fester30

Quote from: "The Magic Pudding"Hmm, I'm not looking at this right.

QuotePi Day is a holiday commemorating the mathematical constant π (pi). Pi Day is celebrated on March 14 (or 3/14 in month/day date format), since 3, 1 and 4 are the three most significant digits of π in the decimal form. In 2009, the United States House of Representatives supported the designation of Pi Day.[2]

Pi Approximation Day is held on July 22 (or 22/7 in day/month date format), since the fraction 22â,,7 is a common approximation of Ï€.[3]

We have 22 July 22/7 in long or short date format.
I don't know if I can support Pi day being a pudding and all, though puddings are round.

Puddings take the shape of the container they are in.  My grandmother makes a banana cream pie that has pudding in it, and she makes it in a rectangular dish.

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: "fester30"Puddings take the shape of the container they are in.  My grandmother makes a banana cream pie that has pudding in it, and she makes it in a rectangular dish.

Your grandmother should be struck down, or you could get her a round dish.

fester30

Quote from: "The Magic Pudding"
Quote from: "fester30"Puddings take the shape of the container they are in.  My grandmother makes a banana cream pie that has pudding in it, and she makes it in a rectangular dish.

Your grandmother should be struck down, or you could get her a round dish.

Well, she's a bible thumper but she's a dear.