News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

email CNN -hurry, only 1 day to do this.

Started by tigerlily46514, August 24, 2007, 12:51:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tigerlily46514

Tomorrow, Friday Aug 24th, the Erica Hill show on CNN is discussing "Religion In The Workplace" and is inviting viewers to email in their opinions on this.

They had a lil teaser, with various religious people around a table, saying things like, "Well, the religious person shouldn't have to leave who they are at home."    HOw if employers encourage religious discussions 'around the water cooler' that it may "engage discussions" and help people 'be who they are' even at work.

NO MENTION OF ATHEISM.  AT ALL.  zip.

The concerns of the commentators seemed to be including muslims into the debates at work.......They seemed to be fantasizing about a bunch of various kinds of religious people all hearing about each others' views, and all getting along and developing a new appreciation of other religions......

You could email your comments tonite or tomorrow during the day (it airs at 6pm or 7pm i think) to CNN.com....find headline news.....find prime news or Erica HILL....find send a comment.

CNN advertised for us to send comments to CNN.COM/PRIMETIME.....
but i had to do it the way desribed above..,....

Just a thought.  HELP STOP ENCOURAGING RELIGIOUS TALK AT WORK!!!!!  Let Erica Hill know they left out ATHEISTS in their considerations.....
"religious groups should stay out of politics-OR BE TAXED."

~jean
"Once you explain why you dismiss all other possible gods-- i'll explain why i dismiss your god."

MommaSquid

Thanks for the heads-up, tigerlily.  

Linkage:
http://www.cnn.com/feedback/forms/form5c.html?25

I sent my comment.  Feel free to borrow from it:

I was informed by a friend that you are doing a piece on "Religion in the Workplace" and wanted to comment.  

As an atheist, I find all discussions of a religious nature (on the job or otherwise) to be distasteful and foolhearty.  Why would an employer alienate up to 10% of the staff by allowing religious debates during work hours?

Believers are entitled to their delusions, but please don't waste my time with fairy tales, especially when I'm trying to work!

I hope you mention the reasonable viewpoints of atheists, agnostics, and free-thinkers during your "news" program.

tigerlily46514

Good point, Momma Squid.
I think i may have sent 4 or 5 different responses, i agree, pointing out that the minority religious views or the atheist may become slightly ostracized in the work setting, because in real life, most people do not often truly appreciate different viewpoints in the religious arena, let alone even want to HEAR them.  So why would an employer encourage this type of discord ???

People tend NOT to change their minds about religion.  Many people tend to get honked off about it if pressed.

It'd bring the morale and probably the productivity down, that it is not the place for this type of discourse.

After all that, i never even watched to see if they ever  did mention atheists in the report the next day!!!!!!!
"religious groups should stay out of politics-OR BE TAXED."

~jean
"Once you explain why you dismiss all other possible gods-- i'll explain why i dismiss your god."