News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Tsunami hits Japan after massive quake

Started by wildfire_emissary, March 11, 2011, 01:06:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wildfire_emissary

Early this afternoon at 13:46 (my time: GMT +8), Japan was hit by a magnitude 8.9 earthquake which led to the formation of tsunami hitting some of its major cities.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-12709598

The Philippines' eastern seaboard might be hit with the same anytime tonight, says the local volcanologists and seismologists.
This is a map of where it might hit. My family and I are in the area marked 'X'. [spoiler:16fwxq3b][/spoiler:16fwxq3b]

I was in school when this happened and when I opened my facebook, I saw the following reactions (very predictable, actually):
[spoiler:16fwxq3b][/spoiler:16fwxq3b]

From a forum:

But I particularly noticed this one:
"All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets." -Voltaire

Asmodean

Well, trying to pray away the tsunami rather than evacuating one's ass somewhere high would thin the herd... And me, I'm all pro herd thinning. However, the comments like that one about "only prayers being able to save 'them'" just make me sad  :verysad:
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

wildfire_emissary

Quote from: "Asmodean"Well, trying to pray away the tsunami rather than evacuating one's ass somewhere high would thin the herd... And me, I'm all pro herd thinning. However, the comments like that one about "only prayers being able to save 'them'" just make me sad  :verysad:

And I have a very weird feeling that some of them are a bit happy that th end is near. There, there.
"All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets." -Voltaire

Asmodean

Quote from: "wildfire_emissary"And I have a very weird feeling that some of them are a bit happy that th end is near. There, there.
...So since I happen to live inland and at a reasonable height, does that mean no end of days for me?  :rant:
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

wildfire_emissary

Well maybe he could just make a tsunami so huge it'll reach your area, right? He is perfectly capable of doing that.

Asmodean

Quote from: "wildfire_emissary"Well maybe he could just make a tsunami so huge it'll reach your area, right? He is perfectly capable of doing that.
:D
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

history_geek

Quote from: "I"Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:44 am    Post subject:    
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well unless it triggers the "Big One" in San Francisco, I think I'll just treat that day like every other that was prophesied to be the doomsday.

The subject I posted this one was about how on March 19th the moon is supposed to pass really close to Earth and *gasp* (we need an overeaction emoticon) some decided that would would bring about the end of the world and even managed to be interviewed about it.

Anyway considering I said that about an hour after the quake had happened, but I didn't know about it until around 2 pm, when I was doing some random stuff on youtube (I don't use facebook or twitter. Call me antisocial... :eek:

@wildfire_emissary: That's the exact same kind of stuff that goes around in youtube as well. Observe:

Quote from: "Mbogo33"May God help our Japanese Sisters and Brothers and those who are there for any business or missionaries. May the survivors come to know the saving grace of Jesus Christ, our Lord and Saviour, the Love of God, our Father in heaven and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit.
It's only God who can provide security and who knows what may happen in time. Only God. People can only predict, but they can't know for sure.
All people from all religions to TURN TO One True God Almighty, the Alpha and Omega.

Posted for this video:
[youtube:10k1q0lv]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3fUqdGXLbM[/youtube:10k1q0lv]

I would love to comment back to these people but 500 charecters is far too little to properly respond and spell my thought out for them.... :brick:
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." Arthur C Clarke's Third Law
"Any sufficiently advanced alien is indistinguishable from a god."
Pierre-Simon, marquis de Laplace:
Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothése - I do not require that hypothesis[img]http://www.dakkadakka.com/s/i/a/4eef2cc3548cc9844a491b22ad384546.gif[/i

Beachdragon

I notice no one is asking for Buddha to intervene.  Hmmm.

I'm so sorry that Japan got hammered.  I'll likely donate to help them out.

Stevil

Its bizzare, seems almost that some Christians are happy that this has happened. That they want to be in a biblically significant time and that they are looking forward to their lives ending.

It just doesn't cast Christianity in a good light.

AnimatedDirt

Quote from: "Stevil"Its bizzare, seems almost that some Christians are happy that this has happened. That they want to be in a biblically significant time and that they are looking forward to their lives ending.

It just doesn't cast Christianity in a good light.
You're looking at "that" all wrong.

In one sense you are correct.  However I would say that most (if not all) Christians do not delight in what the Bible predicts as the future.  That being basically it will get worse before it gets better...a time that has never been since the beginning of time.

While most Christians look forward to being "raptured" out of the problems of this world, (wrongly IMHO), the rest know that these types of things will happen.  They are referred to as the "birth pains" before the end.  These things, that incidently have been ongoing since AT LEAST Christ's time, are simply signs along the way that more and more substanciate our belief.

We don't look forward to the strife and human tragedy, pain and suffering, but it is what is predicted will happen as Man is slowly left to fend for himself as God draws back for a time.  Will Christians and non-Christians, believers and non-believers die as a result?  Yes.  But we don't necessarily fear death.  I, for one, don't look forward to dying, but IT IS INEVITABLE one way or another.  I think we agree on that.

fester30

Just about everybody I know is talking about praying for Japan.  I mentioned to a few of them that perhaps a donation to the Red Cross might be a good idea.  One of them told me the Red Cross could not match the power of prayer.  This is the same person who for years has prayed over my brother and annointed his head with oil that God would free him of his celiac sprue (gluten intolerance).  He still gets deathly ill if he accidentally eats something he's not supposed to.  I just wish that every person who prays for God's help would give a dollar to the relief efforts.  Think of how much money would be raised that could have an actual impact.

wildfire_emissary

The Magic Pudding

So what god's claiming responsibility for giving Christchurch a serious shaking?

Asmodean

Quote from: "The Magic Pudding"So what god's claiming responsibility for giving Christchurch a serious shaking?
That god owes me a new ironymeter.  :rant:
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

wildfire_emissary